This is one of those recipes that gets passed around. Someone shared it with my Mom years ago and she recently shared it with me. I am sure the chain links far and wide because this 5 Ingredient Steak Rub is ridiculous.
Not only is it totally free of sugar and caffeine but it’s literally made with 5 spices that I almost guarantee you already have in your pantry.
We are talking: Kosher Salt, Black Pepper, Smoked Paprika, Garlic Powder and Turmeric. That’s it. We have used this rub on everything from ribeyes (shown), strip steaks, flank steak, tri-tip and even London broil. It’s goooooooood on all of it.
Start with a tablespoon and really spread it around. Add more if you need to but a little goes a long way.
I can’t wait to hear how you use this and what you think. Whatever you do, make sure you print it and keep passing it on 😉
5 minPrep Time
5 minTotal Time
- 3 1/2 Tablespoons kosher salt
- 3 1/2 Tablespoons black pepper
- 2 Tablespoons smoked paprika
- 1 Tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- Combine ingredients together in a small mason jar. Seal and shake until well mixed. Use on steaks, London broil, skirt steak, flank steak and more.