This Old Bay Grilled Salmon is the perfect weeknight salmon dish! Easy, delicious, low carb and on the table in under 20 minutes!
First of all, let’s talk about Old Bay. You know I am obsessed. I have so many Old Bay recipes on here and so many more that I am constantly making. Maybe it’s me holding on to a little piece of my East Coast roots or maybe I am just obsessed with Old Bay?
Does it even matter? Let’s just cut straight to what matters here. THIS Old Bay Grilled Salmon. Get on it. Trust me.
We are in the swing of salmon season here in Seattle and I used some fresh Wild Alaskan Sockeye. You could use any variety of wild salmon but try to stay away from farmed salmon all together.
You can marinade this overnight or as short as two hours. Either way, you are going to LOVE it. It’s so quick and easy and perfect for the whole family.
Serve with my Arugula Salad with Lemon Balsamic Dressing or with some Jersey Tomato Salad and maybe some kind of potatoes (like my Mom’s make ahead potato salad) and you will have a slammin’ dinner that everyone will ask you for again and again.
Alyssa | EverydayMaven
5 minPrep Time
12 minCook Time
17 minTotal Time
- 2 pound wild salmon fillet(s), pin bones removed and cut into 6 to 8 portions
- 2 T avocado oil
- 1 T lemon juice
- 1 T Old Bay seasoning
- 1 T dried dill
- Cut salmon fillets into 6 to 8 servings. Be sure to gently remove pin bones with a tweezer.
- In a small bowl or mason jar, combine oil, lemon juice, Old Bay and dried dill until well mixed.
- Add salmon pieces to a large ziploc bag and add marinade. Gently mix around until all pieces are well coated.
- Place in the refrigerator and allow to marinate for at least 2 hours or no longer than overnight.
- Oil grill grates with avocado oil and preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Place fillets flesh side down, spacing them apart so they cook evenly. Allow to cook undisturbed for 4 to 6 minutes (depending on thickness) until salmon easily releases from grill grates. If you have to force it, it's not ready.
- Flip each piece and cook an additional 4 to 6 minutes (or more if very thick) - this is based on 1.5" thickness).
- Remove and allow to rest for 3 to 5 minutes. Serve with sliced lemon and Enjoy!