This quick and EASY homemade Buffalo Chicken Salad recipe uses rotisserie chicken to save time! Naturally Low Carb, Keto, Paleo, Gluten Free, Dairy Free and Whole30 compatible (just use compliant mayo!). Serve as lettuce wraps, on top of a salad or even as a sandwich! Either way, it’s dinner on the table in 20 minutes!
Originally Posted: May 7th 2015 | Updated: April 26th, 2018
If you are anything like me, you love all things Buffalo.
It never gets boring – buffalo sauce flavor goes with everything!
Like this Buffalo Chicken Salad recipe.
It’s easy. Like, crazy easy. Hello, we are talking 4 ingredients. FOUR!
One of the ways I save even more time is to make the Homemade Mayo ahead of time (up to three days). You’re looking at a super easy and tasty buffalo chicken recipe on the table in about 20 minutes – not bad!
Also, if you live near a Whole Foods Market, they have high-quality organic rotisserie chickens for $10. I usually buy the “Perfectly Plain” since I don’t want any seed oils or other seasonings to affect the taste.
Take it home, remove the chicken from the skin and bones, cube and toss into a container. Leave in the fridge for a couple of days until you are ready to make this salad or even pop the cubed chicken in the freezer for up to a month.
Then, mix and serve. Major buffalo chicken happiness awaits.
Tips to Make the Best Buffalo Chicken Salad
- Make sure to use Frank’s Original Red Hot Sauce NOT the Buffalo Sauce or Wing Sauce (they have a bunch of nasty additives in them). If you can’t find it in your grocery store, you can use Crystal Hot Sauce but add a pinch of garlic powder to it. DO NOT use Tabasco. It is a totally different flavor and not meant for Buffalo Sauce.
- If you don’t want to make homemade mayo, Primal Kitchen and Sir Kensington’s are good alternatives. The PK is Whole30 compliant as well!
- There’s really no need to try to marinate the chicken in this recipe. As it chills in the fridge, all of that wonderful buffalo flavor will really sink into the chicken and elevate the taste.
- You could cook up some chicken breasts to make this buffalo chicken salad, but using a rotisserie chicken is so easy – and using the whole chicken makes a more flavorful salad.
How to Eat Buffalo Chicken Salad
I’m not going to tell you what the best way to eat this salad is – you can decide for yourself! I love buffalo chicken recipes and this one is super-versatile. Here are a few ways to plate it up.
- In a wrap
- On a sandwich
- Using lettuce wraps
- By itself (Hey – it’s low-carb and tastes amazing alone!)
Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating below!
Remove chicken meat from bones. Cube into 1" pieces.
Finely chop celery.
Toss with celery, mayo and hot sauce. Chill until ready to eat and Enjoy!