If you are anything like me, you love all things Buffalo.
Buffalo wings, buffalo sauce, buffalo aioli, buffalo fries (if you have never had those, you NEEEED to get on it), buffalo shrimp. And, in our house – we even eat buffalo mixed nuts. It never gets boring – buffalo sauce flavor goes with everything!
Like this Buffalo Chicken Salad.
It’s easy. Like, crazy easy. Hello, we are talking 4 ingredients. FOUR!
One of the ways I save even more time is to make the Homemade Mayo ahead of time (up to three days). Also, if you live near a Whole Foods Market, they usually have a weekly sale on Rotisserie Chickens – here in Seattle, it’s every Monday. Whole, high-quality rotisserie chickens are $6. I usually buy the “Perfectly Plain” since I don’t want any seed oils or other seasonings to affect the taste.
Take it home, remove the chicken from the skin and bones, cube and toss into a container. Leave in the fridge for a couple of days until you are ready to make this salad or even pop the cubed chicken in the freezer for up to a month.
Then, mix and serve. Major buffalo happiness awaits.Share this Buffalo Chicken Salad on TwitterClick To Tweet
- Make sure to use Frank’s Original Red Hot Sauce NOT the Buffalo Sauce or Wing Sauce (they have a bunch of nasty additives in them). If you can’t find it in your grocery store, you can use Crystal Hot Sauce but add a pinch of garlic powder to it. DO NOT use Tabasco. It is a totally different flavor and not meant for Buffalo Sauce.
9 Points Plus Per Serving -- Serves 6
10 minPrep Time
10 minTotal Time
- 1 pound cubed rotisserie chicken meat
- 1 cup finely chopped celery
- 3/4 cup homemade mayonnaise
- 3 Tablespoons Frank's Original Red Hot hot sauce
- Toss with celery, mayo and hot sauce. Chill until ready to eat and Enjoy!