Arugula seems to be one of the most polarizing raw greens, maybe right behind Dandelion greens (but not by much!). People either love it or hate it and, similar to cilantro, those that love it cannot get enough and those that hate it, avoid it at all costs.
Well, consider this arugula salad a peacemaker – it is meant to bring everyone together. It will please all of the arugula lovers and easily convert those who abstain from arugula.
Like many vegetables that have a hate fan club, I truly believe it is almost always about the preparation. Since arugula is spicy, peppery and even somewhat bitter, it is not the type of green that pairs with any dressing.
This simple lemon balsamic dressing helps to balance out those bold flavors by bringing a touch of sweetness from the balsamic and a fresh, vibrant lemon flavor from the lemon rind.
We have been making this over and over again all summer as a simple yet flavorful side salad that literally takes minutes to throw together!
4 Points Plus Per Serving -- Serves 4
5 minPrep Time
5 minTotal Time
- 1/2 pound arugula
- 1/2 cup grape or cherry tomatoes, washed and halved
- zest of a whole medium lemon
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 5 to 6 turns freshly ground black pepper
- In a large salad or mixing bowl, combine arugula, halved grape tomatoes and the zest of an entire medium lemon.
- In a separate bowl, whisk olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper together until well mixed.
- When ready to serve, pour dressing over salad, toss until well coated, serve and Enjoy!