You only need 5 Ingredients to make this gluten free and low carb Red Curry Salmon. The perfect weeknight meal that the whole family will love! Plus, it’s on the table in under 20 minutes!
When I tell you that I have made this red Curry Salmon for dinner once a week since the middle of December, I am not kidding.
While I usually make a new recipe at least a couple of times to test it before sharing with you guys, once I know it’s good, I usually move on. #gemini
I crave change and love to switch things up but this Salmon is so good and soooo easy and seriously makes everyone happy.
Curry Salmon Ingredients:
- wild Alaskan Salmon fillet
- pre-made red curry paste. Make sure to get and junk-free curry paste like Thai Kitchen, Mae Ploy or Thai and True. Check the label for added sugar if you are eating Low Carb or in the middle of a Whole30. Oh, and if you are allergic to shellfish, make sure to read the full ingredients as some curry pastes have shrimp added to them!
- organic virgin coconut oil
- canned full-fat coconut milk. Make sure to get one without any added gums (like guar gum, etc.). The ingredients should only be coconut and maybe water.
- high quality fish sauce like Red Boat Premium Fish Sauce
- lime and green onion for serving
Both my kids and my husband LOVE it and my older son even requested it last week over burgers. Now, if that isn’t saying something, what is?
Not only is this on the table in under 20 Minutes, but it is naturally dairy-free, gluten-free, low-carb and Whole30 compliant.
What To Serve Curry Salmon with:
If you are looking for a foolproof, hands-off perfect white rice recipe, I’ve got you covered there too!
Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating below!
You only need 5 Ingredients to make this gluten free and low carb red Curry Salmon. The perfect weeknight meal that the whole family will love! Plus, it's on the table in under 20 minutes!
- 1 pound Wild Alaskan Salmon bones removed
- 2 tablespoons organic virgin coconut oil
- 1/4 cup red curry paste
- 13.5 ounce can full-fat coconut milk
- 1 teaspoons fish sauce
- kosher salt
- 1/2 medium lime
- 4 whole scallions sliced for serving
Heat coconut oil lin a large saute pan (large enough to fit the salmon fillet or pieces) over medium heat.
After about 30 seconds, add red curry paste and pinch of salt. Stir, continuously, for 45 seconds to 1 minute until fragrant.
Add coconut milk and whisk until completely dissolved.
Bring to a boil and immediately add salmon skin side up.
Cook for 8 to 10 minutes (depending on thickness), spooning sauce over the fish periodically. Once fish is cooked to your preference, remove from pan and set aside.
Return sauce to medium heat and reduce for 2 to 3 minutes, whisking or stirring frequently.
Remove from heat, stir in fish sauce, 1/4 teaspoon salt and lime juice.
Serve salmon with red curry sauce spooned over top and top with sliced scallions. Enjoy!
Depending on the size of your pan, you may want to cut your Salmon fillet into pieces. It is also easier to flip and remove when done. I have a large fish spatula that makes it easy to flip a large piece (I used a 14" saute pan in the photos).
UPDATE NOTES: Please note that this recipe was originally published in 2016, but was updated in March 2019 with nutritional information, recipe tips, and more helpful information.