This 5-Ingredient Red Curry Salmon will quickly become a permanent fixture in your weeknight rotation.
When I tell you that I have made this Red Curry Salmon for dinner once a week since the middle of December, I am not kidding.
While I usually make a new recipe at least a couple of times to test it before sharing with you guys, once I know it’s good, I usually move on.
I crave change and love to switch things up but this Salmon is so good and soooo easy and seriously makes everyone happy. Both my kids and my husband LOVE it and my older son even requested it last week over burgers. Now, if that isn’t saying something, what is?
Not only is this on the table in under 20 Minutes (!), but it is naturally Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Low Carb and Whole30 compliant.
- Depending on the size of your pan, you may want to cut your Salmon fillet into pieces. It is also easier to flip and remove when done. I have this large fish spatula that makes it easy to flip a large piece. I also use a 14″ saute pan.
- Make sure to use a sugar free (and junk free) Red Curry Paste like Thai Kitchen to keep this Low Carb, Sugar Free, Gluten Free and Whole30 compliant.
- When it comes to canned, full-fat coconut milk, my favorite brands are Natural Value, Native Forest and Aroy-D (this is actually in a tetra pak).
- The best Fish Sauce is Red Boat Fish Sauce. By leaps and bounds.
5 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
20 minTotal Time
- 1 pound Wild Alaskan Salmon fillet (bones removed)
- 2 Tablespoons organic virgin coconut oil
- 1/4 cup red curry paste + pinch kosher salt
- 1 13.5-ounce can full fat coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon high quality fish sauce + 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- sliced green onions for serving (optional)
- Heat coconut oil lin a large saute pan (large enough to fit the salmon fillet or pieces) over medium heat. After about 30 seconds, add red curry paste and pinch of salt. Stir, continuously, for 45 seconds to 1 minute until fragrant.
- Add coconut milk and whisk until completely dissolved.
- Bring to a boil and immediately add salmon skin side up.
- Cook for 8 to 10 minutes (depending on thickness), spooning sauce over the fish periodically. Once fish is cooked to your preference, remove from pan and set aside.
- Return sauce to medium heat and reduce for 2 to 3 minutes, whisking or stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat, stir in fish sauce, 1/4 teaspoon salt and lime juice.
- Serve salmon with red curry sauce spooned over top and top with sliced scallions. Enjoy!