This easy salad recipe combines fresh strawberries, pecans, avocado, and red onion on a bed of arugula with a simple Balsamic dressing. A stunning Strawberry Salad that looks like it came from a restaurant but only takes 10 minutes to get on the table! Recipe created in partnership with Tastefully Simple, Inc.
Spring is here and it’s amazing! Fresh strawberries and arugula in the market and green everywhere we turn!
This is the season of plants coming alive and the unofficial start of salad recipe season.
When it comes to easy salads, this strawberry salad reigns supreme. Loaded with a colorful mix of healthy ingredients and on the table in just under 10 minutes, it’s hard to beat.
STRAWBERRY SALAD INGREDIENTS
- Arugula (can sub baby spinach)
- Fresh Strawberries
- Whole Raw Pecans (can sub toasted pecans)
- Ripe Avocado
- Red Onion
- Tastefully Simple Avocado Oil
- Tastefully Simple Aged Balsamic Vinegar of Modena
One of the tricks to making this salad is to soak the sliced red onion in cold water for 5 to 10 minutes while you prepare everything else. This takes the “bite” out of the onion and allows the red onion to add flavor and texture without that forward spicy bite that can dominate all of the other delicate ingredients.
Then, assemble the salad and make a simple homemade Balsamic Vinaigrette. The dressing is really what brings this Strawberry Salad together. It’s very simple but it’s all about quality.
The shining star is the Aged Balsamic Vinegar of Modena from Tastefully Simple. This is no-joke one of the best tasting Balsamic Vinegar I’ve ever tried. It’s thick, rich and the flavor is super-condensed with the perfect balance of sweet and tart.
Let’s get to it! I can’t wait to hear what you think of this easy strawberry salad!
My whole family loves it and it’s quickly become a weekly thing around here. I even brought it to Easter and shared it with my husband’s family at our Easter Brunch!
MORE EASY SALAD RECIPES:
- Arugula Salad with Lemon Balsamic
- Watercress Salad with Avocado
- Poached Shrimp Salad
- Low Carb Nicoise Salad
- BLT Salad
- Salmon Chopped Salad (from Cookin Canuck)
Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating below!
This easy salad recipe combines fresh strawberries, pecans, avocado, and red onion on a bed of arugula with a simple Balsamic dressing. A stunning Strawberry Salad that looks like it came from a restaurant but only takes 10 minutes to get on the table!
- 4 ounces arugula
- 1 large avocado pitted, peeled and thinly sliced
- 12 medium strawberries hulled and sliced from top to bottom
- 1/4 cup raw pecans
- 2 Tablespoons red onion soaked in cold water for 10 minutes
Begin by peeling the red onion and slicing into thin, bite-sized pieces. Place in a small bowl and cover with cold water. Set aside and prepare remaining ingredients.
Slice avocado in half from stem to bottom. Remove pit and gently peel off the skin. Place cut side down and gently slice.
Hull strawberries, wash, gently dry, and slice from top to bottom into ⅛” slices.
After 8 to 10 minutes, drain the red onion and pat dry.
Combine dressing ingredients in a small glass jar with a lid. Close the lid and vigorously shake until well combined.
Layer arugula in a salad bowl.
Top with sliced avocado, strawberries, pecans and drained red onion pieces.
Drizzle balsamic dressing over, serve immediately and Enjoy!
- You can sub Extra Virgin Olive Oil for Avocado Oil - just make sure it is super high quality.
- Roasted Pecans or Candied Pecans also work really well - just be sure to adjust the nutritional information to accommodate for the additional ingredients. And, if using packaged, read the labels carefully!
- You can make the dressing up to four days in advance. Keep refrigerated in a glass jar with a lid.
DISCLOSURE: This post is part of a series of posts sponsored by Tastefully Simple. Tastefully Simple has compensated me for my time to develop this recipe. Thank you for supporting the brands that make EverydayMaven possible. All opinions are my own.