This quick and easy Turmeric Cauliflower Rice with Coconut is loaded with turmeric, black pepper and unsweetened flaked coconut. A naturally vegan, low carb, paleo and Whole30 side dish that is on the table in minutes!
Simple side dishes like this Turmeric Cauliflower Rice with Coconut are an easy way to upgrade any meal.
If you have cauliflower rice in the freezer then this is NO JOKE on the table in under 10 minutes. There is no chopping and no complicated prep.
But, the flavor is amazing and tastes like it’s complicated. The first time I made this, my 2-year old ate the entire batch. By himself. From the frying pan (don’t worry, the pan had cooled and wasn’t hot).
You all know I have a thing for getting my family to eat as much turmeric has possible so I was obviously thrilled. I’ve since made this many times. It makes a great quick side dish.
I’ve also added in organic baby spinach at the end and then served with a fried egg on top. Holy yum!
To keep it vegan, add in the spinach and some canned chickpeas.
Either way, you are going to love this simple but flavorful dish!
Alyssa Brantley | EverydayMaven
2 minPrep Time
8 minCook Time
10 minTotal Time
- 2 T organic virgin coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 12 ounces frozen riced cauliflower
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 T unsweetened shaved coconut flakes
- fresh cilantro or parsley, chopped for serving (optional)
- Heat a large frying pan over medium heat. Once hot, add coconut oil and then ground turmeric.
- Heat turmeric for 30 to 45 seconds, stirring constantly, until fragrant.
- Add frozen cauliflower rice. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes until soft.
- Add salt, pepper and coconut flakes. Toss until well mixed.
- Continue cooking an additional 2 to 3 minutes until warmed through. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary. Serve topped with chopped cilantro or parsley and Enjoy!