Spicy Asian Grilled Chicken Marinade. A quick and easy marinade with orange juice, jalapenos, white pepper and fresh ginger! A serious Flavor bomb!
If you follow me on Instagram and watch my IG stories, then you may have noticed that we have been doing a big food prep day every weekend. This basically consists of me prepping some proteins and veggies and my husband grilling them.
He packs all of his work lunches, we have dinner from it and more leftover food for quick lunches for me and the kids during the week. It’s awesome and I’ve been working up some really good marinades and grilled veggie ideas to share with you.
This first one is my Spicy Asian Grilled Chicken Marinade. It’s made with jalepenos, fresh ginger, scallions, orange juice, toasted sesame oil and ground white pepper.
It’s ridiculously easy and a total flavor bomb. This is one where you need to think just slightly ahead though because the chicken is best when it sits in this marinade all day or even better – overnight.
As for the spiciness, I’ve been using one large jalapeno (with seeds and ribs) and on a 1 to 5 scale, I would give the finished chicken a solid 2.5. It’s a tad too spicy for the kids but not at all “super spicy”.
If you want to really kick it up, use two jalapenos! Can’t wait to hear what you think of this 🙂
Another favorite weeknight meal that has been making its way into our rotation is this Paleo Orange Chicken!
Alyssa | EverydayMaven
5 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
20 minTotal Time
- 4 scallions, finely chopped
- 2.5" fresh ginger root, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 whole medium jalapeno, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup toasted sesame oil
- 2 medium oranges, juiced
- 1 T kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 3 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- Add rough chopped scallions, peeled ginger and jalapeno to food processor bowl fitted with the chopping blade. Process until finely chopped.
- Add toasted sesame oil, orange juice, salt and white pepper and pulse until combined.
- Pour over chicken, cover (or use a ziploc type bag) and refrigerate until ready to use - at least 2 hours or up to 24 hours.
- When ready to cook, preheat your grill to medium heat. Once hot, add chicken, close lid and grill undisturbed for approx. 7 to 9 minutes.
- Flip chicken thighs and grill on remaining side for 5 to 6 minutes or until cooked through to internal temperature of 165F / all juices run clear. Enjoy!