All the tips and tricks you need to make Perfect Grilled Broccoli every single time! This easy vegan recipe is perfect as a side dish or with grilled meats!
Broccoli is my jam. I love it so much. It’s long been one of my most cooked vegetables and two of my all-time favorite ways to prepare it are added into stir-fries and on the grill. This grilled broccoli recipe is super easy and simple – you’ll be finished in about 25 minutes, including prep time.
Earlier this year when I partnered with Coyote Outdoor Living, I made a list of grilling recipes that I wanted to share with you. I knew I wanted to create a video to show a simple grilling technique and I kept coming back to Perfect Grilled Broccoli, because I honestly think it’s one of the best broccoli recipes out there. Grilled broccoli (when done right!) has these amazing crispy edges and you’ll end up with perfect, caramelized bits of broccoli.
Grilling broccoli sounds so simple but I know (from your emails!), that it’s actually one of the seemingly easy things that gets screwed up a lot. The biggest issues I hear about are how easy it is to under-grill the broccoli stems while over-grilling the florets and the next one is how quickly it can burn.
Well, friends, I am here to solve this for you and deliver Perfectly Grilled Broccoli EVERY SINGLE TIME.
How to Grill Broccoli the right way
Here are few things that I have found that help to make the best grilled broccoli:
- Grilling broccoli spears instead of just florets
- Adjusting the grill heat to allow the spears to become tender before you char the florets
- If you have trouble with smaller pieces of broccoli falling into the grill, use a grill pan or skewer the broccoli before grilling
All of the rest of the details you need are in the recipe below. Seriously. Best broccoli recipe ever.
MORE GRILLING RECIPES
Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating below!
How to Make Perfect Grilled Broccoli every single time without pre-cooking the broccoli.
- 2 pounds organic broccoli trimmed and cut into spears
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil plus more for rubbing the grill grates
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Prepare the broccoli by washing and trimming the ends about 1". Next cut into evenly sized spears about 4" to 6" long.
- Toss with olive oil and spices until well coated and set aside.
- Begin by rubbing olive oil on grill grates.
- Next, preheat grill to medium low and close lid until grill reaches temperature.
- Use a tongs to add broccoli spears to grill. Close lid and grill for 5 to 7 minutes, turning once or twice, or until broccoli stems have begun to soften.
- Raise heat to medium high and continue grilling spears until florets start to brown and char. Keep turning and watch them closely, approximately 5 to 7 more minutes.
- Move any spears that look done away from the direct heat and to the warming rack above. Once all the spears are done, remove to a tray, serve immediately and Enjoy!
DISCLOSURE: This post is part of a series of posts sponsored by Coyote Outdoor Living. Coyote Outdoor Living has compensated me for my time to develop this recipe. Thank you for supporting the brands that make EverydayMaven possible. All opinions are my own.