How To Make Creamy, Perfect Mashed Potatoes in 10 Minutes in the Instant Pot!
Today is my husband’s birthday so it’s only fitting to share this recipe for perfect, creamy 10-minute Instant Pot mashed potatoes. It is truly because of and for him that I developed this recipe.
He loves mashed potatoes like crazy and we usually have mashed cauliflower. Mostly because mashed cauliflower is significantly lower in carbs and so much quicker to make. Don’t forget, we have two little kids, one of whom is only 19 months, and those guys like to eat early. Plus, they have zero patience for peeling potatoes, boiling them and mashing them. It’s just not happening.
Then it occurred to me that I should be using my Instant Pot for this. This is exactly what these things are for. I got it last year for Christmas and seriously wish I would have gotten one years ago.
The secret here is to use full-fat coconut milk to cook the potatoes. They absorb the liquid and the end result is perfectly creamy and not watery. Ghee is a great substitute for butter here and make these potatoes Whole30 compliant!
If you love mashed potatoes, you will freak for this. We are really talking about 10 minutes of cook time. Plus, you do not need to peel the potatoes unless the peels bother you.
On the menu for my man’s birthday tonight? Grilled spice-crusted rib-eye with sauteed mushrooms, these potatoes, homemade Caesar salad, and kombucha. Dessert is TBD but he has a pretty big sweet tooth so it will probably involve a lot of chocolate.
Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating below!
10 Minute Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes. How To Make Creamy, Perfect Mashed Potatoes every time using an Instant Pot, some coconut milk and butter!
- 2 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes washed and cut into 2" pieces (peeling optional)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1/4 cup canned full fat coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons pastured butter
- Wash potatoes. Peel if desired. I go back and forth and peel depending on time. Cut into 2" pieces.
- Place potatoes into Instant Pot along with salt, white pepper and coconut milk.
- Cover and lock lid. Set to Manual, High Pressure for 10 minutes.
- When cooking time is up, release pressure valve to immediately release pressure. Add butter and use a large fork or potato masher to mash until desired texture.
- Adjust salt and pepper if necessary and serve hot. Enjoy!