A one-pot dinner that will wow the whole family! Plus, it’s free from dairy, grains, gluten and naturally low carb!
Guess what? Even though it’s not listed in the title, this Creamy Chicken Paprika Skillet also has turmeric in it. I am on a roll you guys. I am un-officially declaring May “turmeric month” on EverydayMaven. Next week: Turmeric Tahini Salad Dressing so make sure you are signed up for my email list so you don’t miss that. It’s goooooooooooood.
Now, while I may be somewhat obsessed with turmeric, one of my other all-time favorite spices is paprika. I think it is because of my Bubby who lived with us growing up. She wasn’t the best cook – not even close – and she pretty much put paprika on everything.
I miss it and miss her so I went a little crazy with this dish and made paprika the star and it’s pretty amazing. I have made this dish once a week since I first created it and my whole family loves it. My older son even said it was his #1 favorite thing we ate last week. So know you know you must get to making this asap.
The prep time is very minimal (I’m talking 5 minutes), the dish cooks in one pan and if you have leftovers (which I bet you won’t!), it freezes and reheats well.
- I recommend a 12″ cast iron skillet. You could also use a Dutch Oven or stainless steel frying pan with high sides.
- My favorite brands of canned full fat coconut milk are Natural Value, Native Forest and Trader Joe’s Organic. All three are packed in cans that have BPA-free liners and the Natural Value and TJ’s Organic are both gum free.
MORE TURMERIC RECIPES YOU MIGHT LIKE:
5 minPrep Time
30 minCook Time
35 minTotal Time
- 1 T avocado oil
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 2 T paprika
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 large yellow onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/4 pound organic baby spinach, finely chopped
- handful fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 2/3 cup full fat canned coconut milk
- In a mixing bowl, combine chicken thighs with paprika, salt, pepper, turmeric and garlic powder. Toss until well coated.
- Peel onion and thinly slice. Finely chop baby spinach and cilantro.
- Heat a large 12" cast iron skillet over medium heat. Once hot, add avocado oil and then chicken. Cook chicken 5 to 6 minutes, undisturbed and then flip and repeat.
- Add grape tomatoes and sliced onion. Gently toss to coat with spices.
- Cook 5 to 7 minutes, until tomatoes are soft enough to easily burst under the weight of a spatula or wooden spoon. Smash all of the tomatoes so they release their juices.
- Add chopped cilantro and spinach along with coconut milk and mix well.
- Reduce heat to low and continue cooking an additional 8 to 10 minutes, until chicken is cooked through and sauce has thickened a bit.
- Serve over rice, cauliflower rice or gluten free pasta and Enjoy!