This BEST EVER Lemon Garlic Chicken Skillet with Spinach is a quick and healthy dinner that is so versatile! Made with a handful of ingredients you probably already have in your house. Whole30, Low Carb, Gluten Free and absolutely DELICIOUS!!! Made in partnership with Pacific Foods.
What is better than lemon and garlic? Seriously, I could live off the two.
I started making this Lemon Garlic Chicken out of necessity about a year ago when I had limited ingredients left in the house and needed a quick dinner.
THESE ARE THE BEST KINDS OF RECIPES, AM I RIGHT?
This is ridiculously easy and delish and super versatile for all kinds of eating plans. Not joking. This is naturally gluten free, low carb, Whole30 and Weight Watchers friendly.
Start with a hot cast-iron skillet and add Ghee. I usually make my own but you can buy some high-quality Ghee in almost any store now (yay!). If you want to use butter or olive oil, that works – just see below for my Tips and Tricks!
Next up is to brown the chicken and then make an easy sauce using Pacific Foods Organic Bone Broth Original as the base.
Finally, add some fresh organic baby spinach. It wilts in less than a minute and you have a fantastic meal that is on the table in under 30 minutes!
What to SERVE this with?
Low Carb, Whole30, Paleo, GF, Weight Watchers:
TIPS and TRICKS:
- I usually use Boneless, Skinless Chicken Thighs. If you want to use Bone-In or Skin-On Thighs, cook skin side down until brown, flip and adjust cooking time to allow for them to cook all the way through. If you want to use Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts, I suggest slicing into tenders or cutlets so that they cook evenly and don’t dry out.
- The whole garlic cloves are OPTIONAL and only for the hard-core garlic lovers out there. If you choose to add them, add when you add the broth to give the garlic time to cook.
- Baby Kale is a good sub for the Baby Spinach but needs a few more minutes cooking time.
- Butter or Olive Oil works as a sub for the Ghee (if you use Olive Oil, make sure you whisk it really well at the end so it doesn’t separate).
- If you don’t have a 12″ Cast Iron Skillet, use a 12″ Saute or Frying Pan.
- This reheats GREAT!
BEST EVER Lemon Garlic Chicken Skillet with Spinach
This BEST EVER Lemon Garlic Chicken Skillet with Spinach is a quick and healthy dinner that is so versatile! Made with a handful of ingredients you probably already have in your house. Whole30, Low Carb, Gluten Free and absolutely DELICIOUS!!!
- 2 T Ghee divided
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs visible fat trimmed
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- freshly ground black pepper
- 4 large garlic cloves crushed
- 6 to 8 large garlic cloves whole (OPTIONAL)
- 8 ounce Pacific Foods Organic Bone Broth Chicken Original
- 4 ounces organic baby spinach
- 2 T lemon juice
- 2 T flat leaf parsley finely chopped
Squeeze lemon juice (you need 2 T), crush garlic, trim any visible fat from chicken thighs and finely chop parsley.
Sprinkle half of the spices on one side of chicken thighs.
Heat a 12" cast iron skillet over medium heat. Once hot, add 1 T of the Ghee.
Once melted, add chicken thighs, seasoning side down. Sprinkle remaining spices on unseasoned side and brown for about 4 to 5 minutes per side.
Add crushed garlic and cook 30 to 45 seconds, stirring frequently, until fragrant.
Quickly add Pacific Foods Organic Bone Broth Chicken Original to pan and use a spatula or spoon to gently scrap the bottom.
Bring broth to a boil, reduce heat to a simmer and cook until chicken is cooked through (about 8 to 10 minutes depending on thickness).
Once chicken is cooked through, remove to a plate with tongs.
Turn heat back up to medium and add baby spinach. Saute for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring, until wilted.
Whisk in remaining 1 T of Ghee and 2 T of lemon juice. Reduce sauce for 2 to 3 minutes until slightly thicker.
Add cooked chicken back to skillet to warm through. Serve topped with fresh chopped parsley and Enjoy!
DISCLOSURE: This post is part of a series of posts sponsored by Pacific Foods. Pacific Foods has compensated me for my time to develop this recipe as their 2018 Brand Ambassador for Broths. Thank you for supporting the brands that make EverydayMaven possible. All opinions are my own.