While living in Seattle has many perks, one of the downsides is the lack of air-conditioning pretty much anywhere residential. As a life-long East-Coaster, it’s just crazy to me!
Although we have been having pretty fantastic weather (READ: warm) as of late, the other day the clouds returned and the temperature dropped low enough that turning on the oven would be feasible. Meaning that turning on the oven for an hour wouldn’t heat up the entire house by 10 degrees and make putting my toddler to bed in a western facing room without air-conditioning a nightmare.
I was in the mood for simple flavors and didn’t have much time to spend prepping so even though this dish has an hour cook time, it is all hands-off and takes minutes to pull together.
I served this alongside my Garlic Rubbed Roasted Cabbage Steaks (same cook time and temperature!) and a simple green salad – it was tasty!
- The longer you leave the spice marinade on the chicken, the more flavor you are going to get so feel free to mix up the spices and oil and put it on the chicken the night before or in the morning.
- The size of bone-in chicken breasts can really vary. As a general rule, a 1/2 pound per person is usually perfect as 2 to 3 ounces will be bones and the cooked portion will always be smaller than the uncooked portion. I calculated each serving size as 5-ounces cooked chicken plus 1/6 of the marinade.
Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating below!
Lemon Chicken Breast Recipe
- 1 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium organic lemons washed and thinly sliced
- 3 pounds bone-in skinless chicken breasts (usually 4 to 6 pieces)
- parsley for garnish
Preheat the oven to 400F. Begin by combining salt, pepper, paprika, oregano, cumin and olive oil until well mixed.
Wash lemons and thinly slice.
Place chicken breasts bone side down in a glass baking dish. Evenly coat with spice mixture and then top with lemon slices.
Bake uncovered for 50 to 55 minutes until chicken breasts reach an internal temperature of 165F. Remove the chicken breasts from the baking dish to a serving platter. Collect the pan juices and serve alongside the chicken as a sauce. Top chicken with a bit of chopped parley, Serve and Enjoy!