Last week I was at my cousin’s house for a potluck style party. There was a great variety of food and drink going around with most of it disappearing quickly. Luckily, I managed to snag a couple of these amazing mini macaroons that one of my girlfriends brought.
I wasn’t able to see the label or read the ingredients but I do know that they were store bought, organic, grain-free and freaking amazing. I got it in my head to immediately try to create a version as soon as we got home.
With Passover starting a week from today, these couldn’t be more timely. They can be made ahead of time and are the perfect healthy dessert to kick off the holiday!
These Mini Vanilla Macaroons are 1 Weight Watchers Points Plus Each, Refined Sugar Free, Grain Free, Primal and Paleo Friendly and couldn’t be easier to make. The only problem with them is how fast they disappear.
- I used a 1 Tablespoon cookie scoop to get that nice rounded shape. A 1 Tablespoon coffee scoop or even a plain old rounded 1-Tablespoon measuring spoon would be even better because it doesn’t have that spring to break the tops as you pop them out. Really anything that is 1 Tablespoon with a bit of depth will work and help you get nice even-looking mini macaroons. If you don’t have either of these, use a kitchen tablespoon and form them with your hands. No big deal!
- You have to let these cool for a while before you put them away. I like to use a tin of some sort or a flat dish covered with tin foil. If you use plastic or even glass, they may get soft and fall apart a bit.
1 Points Plus Each -- Makes 30 to 32 Macaroons
5 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
20 minTotal Time
- 2 large egg whites
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 cups unsweetened, shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or use a
- Pour in coconut and stir until well combined.
- Use a spatula to pack coconut mixture into a
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until you have crispy, golden brown edges and tops. I cooked mine for 15 minutes. Don't pull them out too soon - you want those golden brown edges and bottoms!!
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for at least one hour before removing carefully with a thin spatula. Enjoy!