While we are on the topic of ridiculously easy dinner dishes, let me introduce you to Taco Seasoned Pork Chops.
Yes, folks – we are talking taco seasoning and pork chops and we are talking TWO INGREDIENTS. Well, four if you count the oil I added to the pan and the cilantro for garnish but those barely count.
The best part about this is the idea came from my older son (he just turned 5). He loves taco anything something fierce. I had some pork chops defrosting and asked him, “What do you think would be a good flavor for the Pork Chops?” He looked at me with an uncanny certainty and said, “Taco” as if it was so obvious and I was clearly out of the taco seasoning on pork chops loop.
These are some of the best pork chops we’ve ever had – no joke. Just make sure you use a high quality taco seasoning (free of MSG and a lot of sugar) or better yet, make your own homemade with my taco seasoning recipe here.
- A good 12″ cast iron skillet is great for a zillion things but really helps these pork chops achieve a nice sear. If you don’t have one, they are not expensive and last forever!
Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating below!
Taco Seasoned Pork Chops
- 4 2" bone-in pork chops (thick cut)
- 4 teaspoons taco seasoning
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil or other high heat fat divided
- cilantro for garnish
- 12 inch cast iron skillet
Pat dry the pork chops with a paper towel. Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon of taco seasoning on each side of the pork chops, using your fingers to spread around and rub in.
I like to do this in advance - overnight if possible or at least a few hours before cooking. If you can't do that and plan to season and then cook immediately, I recommend adding an extra sprinkle of seasoning per chop.
Cook, 5 to 6 minutes undisturbed and then flip and repeat.
- Repeat with the other two pork chops.
I also like to use a tongs to hold the fat cap against the hot skillet to sear it.
- Remove from heat, allow to rest 2 to 3 minutes, top with fresh cilantro, serve and Enjoy!