Homemade Taco Seasoning is easier than you think and only takes a few minutes! You can avoid added sugar or starches or weird additives!
Making your own seasoning blends and spice mixtures is so easy if you have a well stocked spice cabinet. If you don’t, (like I didn’t when I started) you can do what I did and pick up the ingredients for this in the bulk spice section of your grocery store.
Why buy bulk and make your own when you can more simply buy some industrial product off the shelf? Two reasons actually, and they are big ones.
First, it is so much cheaper per meal if you make your own.
Second, by making your own you can be 100% sure of what is actually in it. Commonly found seasoning packets often have added sugar, preservatives, and sometimes even chemical additives.
This seasoning is great for burritos, tacos, fajitas and all sorts of Mexican bean dishes. Enjoy!
I actually make two versions of this – one that I call “Mild Taco Seasoning” and it is the exact recipe posted.
- The second version is my “Spicy Taco Seasoning” and the only difference is that I use 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper.
- If you want a “Medium Taco Seasoning, meet in the middle and use 1/4 teaspoon.
Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating below!Taco SeasoningPrep Time: 5 minsTotal Time: 5 mins
Homemade Taco Seasoning is easier than you think and only takes a few minutes! You can avoid added sugar or starches or weird additives!Course: Marinades and Spice MixesCuisine: MexicanKeyword: Homemade Taco SeasoningServings: 1 batchCalories: 87 kcalIngredients
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
Nutrition FactsTaco SeasoningAmount Per ServingCalories 87 Calories from Fat 27% Daily Value*Fat 3g5%Sodium 4924mg214%Potassium 482mg14%Carbohydrates 16g5%Fiber 8g33%Sugar 1g1%Protein 4g8%Vitamin A 5885IU118%Calcium 124mg12%Iron 6.6mg37%* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
- Mix all ingredients together in a glass bowl until well combined. Store in an airtight container.