Transform canned Wild Alaskan Salmon into a delicious, healthy meal in minutes with my Spicy Salmon Salad recipe!
One of my favorite healthy foods to keeps in my pantry is canned fish. We are pretty much always stocked up on wild Alaskan salmon, high quality canned tuna, anchovies, and sardines.
Truth be told, I prefer the salmon and tuna but my husband and older son love anchovies and sardines.
While the whole family really loves my Weeknight Paleo Salmon Cakes, they do get sick of them after a while and when we need a little break, I usually make this Spicy Salmon Salad. Don’t get fooled by the name though because it actually doesn’t need to be spicy at all to still be delicious. I cut the Sriracha in half and it’s perfect for my 6-year old.
If you are like me and like your food with a kick, go all in with the Sriracha. If you are a bit adverse to heat, start with half and keep tasting and adding more by the teaspoon until you find the perfect ratio!
To keep it low carb, serve in half of a ripe avocado. Or a scooped out plum tomato or cucumber. It’s also great as a sandwich or wrap – you seriously can’t go wrong with this one!
Alyssa from EverydayMaven
5 minPrep Time
5 minTotal Time
- 15-ounce can Wild Alaskan Salmon , drained
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- 3 Tablespoons mayonnaise
- 4 Tablespoons Sriracha
- squeeze fresh lemon juice
- pinch salt
- Finely chop the scallions.
- Drain salmon and add to a medium mixing bowl. Use a fork to smash.
- Add remaining ingredients to the mixing bowl and mix until well combined.
- Store in a covered glass container in the fridge for up to four day and Enjoy!
Weight Watchers Info:
7 Smart Points Per Serving