Garlic Chive Mayonnaise Recipe. A quick and easy homemade mayonnaise that is loaded with the flavor of fresh garlic and chopped chives!
Well hello there! Long time no talk. I am getting back into the swing of things after a much needed break over the holiday last week. I have found that sticking to a strict posting schedule for my site makes me feel burnt out and takes away from creating authentic content. The more often I take breaks from it, the more inspired I feel when I get back in the kitchen. Can you relate?
My absolute favorite part of this business is creating new recipes and experimenting in the kitchen. I often say how grateful I am to continually be pushed creatively and think outside the box when cooking.
It’s the BEST!
This Garlic Chive Mayonnaise is a classic example of me using up what is around me to create a flavor bomb. My garden chives are doing well and I’ve been looking for ways to use them up besides in eggs (which is really good btw).
So far we’ve made at least 5 batches of this mayo and used it on burgers, wraps, as a dip for crispy potatoes, and as a base for slaw! It’s easy, so delicious and super versatile. I highly recommend you high tail it to the store and grab some chives STAT if you aren’t growing any. I can’t wait to hear your favorite way to use it up!
- You can substitute “Light Olive Oil” for the avocado oil. Read my plain Homemade Mayo post for more info.
- If you avoid eating raw eggs, here is a quick tutorial on “How To Coddle an Egg“
Serves 2 Tablespoons
3 minPrep Time
3 minTotal Time
- 3/4 cup avocado oil
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 T lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped fresh chives
- 1 small clove garlic, crushed
- immersion blender
- tall glass jar
- Combine all ingredients together into a tall glass jar or mason jar. Make sure to use a jar that is wide enough to fit your immersion blender but not so wide that it won't be able to properly blend your mayo.
- Place blade of immersion blender into jar at the bottom. Turn on highest setting and slowly move the blade up and down.
- The mayo should emulsify within seconds and be completely emulsified and thick within 45 seconds to 1 minute.
- Cover and store in fridge until ready to use. Use within 5 days or discard. Enjoy!