I don’t remember where I originally saw roasted cabbage steaks, maybe on Pinterest, maybe in Everyday Food Magazine, either way I know it was Martha Stewart who first implanted this idea in my head and it is genius. So, thank you Martha!
If you love cabbage, you are going to freak out about how good this is. Now, if you are on the fence about cabbage, you need to try this because this might be the recipe that converts you to a cabbage lover.
This is a simple side dish worthy of a dinner party and couldn’t be easier to make. Four ingredients, a couple of minutes to prepare and toss in the oven for an hour.
Adapted From: Martha Stewart Roasted Cabbage Wedges
2 Points Plus Per Serving -- Serves 4
5 minPrep Time
60 minCook Time
1 hr, 5 Total Time
- 1 (approx 2lb) head of organic green cabbage, cut into 1 thick slices
- 1.5 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 to 3 large garlic cloves, smashed
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- spray olive oil OR non-stick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400F and spray a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray. Pull outer leaf off cabbage (it's usually dirty and nasty looking), cut cabbage from top to bottom (bottom being root) into 1 thick slices.
- Rub both sides of cabbage with smashed garlic.
- Use a pastry brush to evenly spread the olive oil over both sides of the cabbage slices.
- Finally, sprinkle each side with a bit of kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper.
- Roast on the middle rack for 30 minutes. Carefully flip the cabbage steaks and roast for an additional 30 minutes until edges are brown and crispy. Serve hot and Enjoy!