I have been having a thing with pecans lately. I cannot get enough of them. Especially these Sweet and Spicy Pecans.
This recipe is so simple, it’s ridiculous. You probably have all of the ingredients in your house right now. We are talking pure Maple Syrup, your favorite Sriracha, a bit of sea salt and obviously raw pecans. Toss, bake and let cool. That’s it.
I should also mention that these are FAR from spicy. They have just a slight spicy kick on the back-end but not so much that kids can’t enjoy them. My five-year old has been snacking on them for weeks, loves them in a salad and on top of vanilla yogurt.
The possibilities are endless. Top a salad, sweet potatoes, a pie or just mix with some other nuts and put out as a snack. Any way you eat them, I think you are going to love them!
- The whole and half pecan look the prettiest but you can also use raw pecan pieces (they are much cheaper!).
Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating below!
I have been having a thing with pecans lately. I cannot get enough of them. Especially these Sweet and Spicy Pecans.This recipe is so simple, it's
- 1/2 pound raw pecan halves
- 3 tablespoons pure Maple Syrup
- 3 tablespoons your favorite Sriracha
- 1/4 teaspoon finely ground sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat.
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and mix until pecans are well coated.
- Pour pecans onto baking sheet and spread out into a single layer.
- Bake undisturbed for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 10 to 15 minutes. Store in a glass storage container (mason jar?) with a tight fitting lid and Enjoy!