The other day I posted these game-changer Truffle Salt Burgers. I showed them served over Paleo Cauliflower Mash topped with a thick slice of grilled onion and a side of broccoli as that is how we ate it for dinner.
I immediately got a bunch of emails asking me to post the Cauliflower Mash since the other Cauliflower Mash I have posted on my site is a Vegan version which uses Soy Creamer and Earth Balance.
My, how things change right?
OK, first things first, I was adamant in my old version to boil and NOT steam the cauliflower. I have since changed my position and have found myself steaming the cauliflower more often than boiling it – the only downside is that it takes a lot longer to cook.
This version is creamy, simple and quite addictive but dependent on having Ghee in the pantry.
I have tried this with Butter and it’s still quite good but you need a lot more Butter than Ghee to get an intense flavor. Plus, the Ghee is not as heavy so the whipped cauliflower stays light and fluffy.
For instructions on how to break down the cauliflower, go here to my other version.
4 Points Plus Per Serving -- Serves 4
5 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
20 minTotal Time
- 1 large head cauliflower, core removed and cut into evenly sized florets
- 1/4 cup 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 Tablespoon plain, unsweetened almond milk (as needed)
- Remove cauliflower florets from core, cut into evenly sized pieces. Place a couple of inches of water and a nice size pinch of kosher salt in a large pot. Fit with a steamer insert or follow the boiling directions from this Place Ghee and salt in the bowl of food processor. Carefully (I use a tongs as the florets will be very hot!) add steamed florets to processor.
- Remove tube to allow steam to escape and process for 2 to 3 minutes until smooth.
- Add freshly ground black pepper to taste and almond milk only if needed to loosen. Serve hot and Enjoy!