I seriously struggled with what to call this Turmeric Cilantro Magic Sauce. It’s not quite a chimichurri, way too far away from a pesto, and a bit different than what I would consider a green sauce.
What it is though, is good. On everything. No joke.
Broken record alert. I say this all the time but I am always looking for ways that we can eat more turmeric. I am in the cilantro fan club and since we are growing quite a bush of it at our garden, it became obvious to me that I need to work on some kind of quick summer sauce combining the two.
So far, we have eaten it on eggs, chicken, London broil, as a spread on a sandwich and of course, on fish. That is, right behind on eggs, my current favorite way to consume this sauce. If you can get your hands on some fresh wild Alaskan salmon or cod, this is a must!!!
This takes minutes to whip up (hello food processor or blender) and will add so much flavor to your summer meals.
- You can substitute another fresh herb like basil, flat-leaf parsley or Thai basil if you are not into cilantro.
- I like to keep this in the fridge and use it up within 3 to 4 days.
Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating below!
This turmeric sauce is loaded with cilantro, garlic, lemon, and spices. An incredible addition to any dish. Use on meats, veggies, grains, and more!
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 4 medium cloves garlic crushed
- 2 1/2 ounces fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/2 large lemon juiced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 10 to 12 turns freshly ground black pepper
- Heat a small pan over medium heat. Once hot, add olive oil and then turmeric. Cook for about 1 to 2 minutes, stirring constantly, until turmeric is fragrant. Remove from heat and allow to cool before proceeding.
- Add garlic and cilantro leaves to the bowl of a food processor fitted with the chopping blade (or a high-powered blender) and process until finely chopped.
- Add remaining ingredients and cooled turmeric oil. Pulse until well combined. You may need to scrape down the sides a couple of times to make sure all of the ingredients are incorporated.
- Store in a tightly sealed glass jar and Enjoy!
Recipe Makes approximately 1 Cup OR 8 Servings