This Maple Mug Cake with Chocolate Toffee Shavings is the ultimate single-serving dessert! It tastes like decadent cake and is naturally gluten free and ready in minutes! Made in partnership with Seattle Chocolates
Mug cakes are the best single-serving dessert out there. They take just minutes to whip up and satisfy your sweet tooth while controlling your portion.
This Maple Mug Cake with Chocolate Toffee Shavings is perfection. I’ve been tweaking and playing around with my really popular vanilla mug cake recipe to create what I think is an even better texture. It’s light, fluffy and perfectly moist and legit tastes like a slice of cake. But in this case, it’s also naturally gluten free, grain free and nut free.
I do recommend using real pastured butter here to get the best flavor and texture but I think you could safely substitute Ghee or even organic virgin coconut oil and it would still be pretty yummy.
As for the Chocolate Toffee shavings – you need a bar of Seattle Chocolates Dark Chocolate San Juan Sea Salt with Toffee. The flavor pairs perfectly with the cake and adds just the right amount of toffee and dark chocolate without overwhelming the delicate Maple Cake.
This year, Seattle Chocolates is helping to fight hunger with their #ChocolateGives campaign. For EVERY single social media post featuring chocolate that is tagged with #ChocolateGives, Seattle Chocolates will donate a serving of fresh food to a food bank.
How awesome is that!?
I know you all love chocolate so make sure you use the hashtag on your public social media feeds and help give back.
Plus, it’s a great excuse to make this mug cake ASAP, snap a picture and use the #ChocolateGives tag to help someone else. Win-win.
- Microwave ovens vary and can significantly impact the cooking time. For reference, ours is 1000 Watts and 2 min is perfect. Start slow and keep adding time to figure out the perfect formula for your microwave.
- Believe it or not, the type of mug you use can also impact the cooking time as material and thickness impact the transfer of heat. So once you find a perfect mug / cooking time formula, stick with it so you can ensure consistent results.
Alyssa Brantley | EverydayMaven
2 minPrep Time
2 minCook Time
4 minTotal Time
- 1 T plus 1 tsp coconut flour
- 1/4 teaspoon GF baking powder
- pinch finely ground sea salt
- 2 T pure maple syrup, divided
- 1 1/2 T pastured butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- Shavings from 1 Seattle Chocolates Dark Chocolate San Juan Sea Salt Toffee Bar
- Grab a vegetable peeler and the San Juan Sea Salt bar. Drag the peeler down the long side of the bar with some pressure to make shavings. I like to shave at least half of the bar as the middle is where the toffee is. Gently place the shavings in a container and store in the freezer until ready to use.
- Combine coconut flour, baking powder and sea salt in a measuring cup or mixing bowl. Whisk to blend.
- Add 1 T of the maple syrup, melted butter, vanilla and egg. Whisk until well combined and smooth.
- Pour batter into a microwave safe mug (see NOTES above recipe for tips on which mug to use and adjusting cooking time). Microwave for 2 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Pour remaining 1 T maple syrup over the top of the cake. Top with truffle bar shavings and Enjoy!
DISCLOSURE: This post is sponsored by Seattle Chocolates. Seattle Chocolates has compensated me for my time to develop this recipe. Thank you for supporting the brands that make EverydayMaven possible. All opinions are my own.