Try this Coconut Cherry Vanilla Smoothie for a refreshing, Vegan and totally Sugar-Free frozen treat!
I know I’ve mentioned that my littlest man is sort of a frozen cherry fanatic. We are pretty much going through two 3-pound Costco bags of organic frozen cherries every week at this point. He is not stopping. I think they feel good on his gums since he is teething.
Well, you won’t be surprised to hear this but just like his mama and brother, he gets bored of eating the same food over and over again (can anyone say mini-foodie?). This Coconut Cherry Vanilla smoothie was developed just for him to indulge in his cherry obsession.
Since I originally created this for the baby, I kept it dairy free, nut free, 100% sugar-free and also used Vanilla Bean Powder in place of pure Vanilla Extract since real vanilla extract is usually made with alcohol.
If you tend to like sweet stuff, you may want to add a teaspoon or two of pure Maple Syrup or a drop of Stevia but I don’t even think it needs it!
- Just a quick note about the Pure Vanilla Powder. If it’s white, it’s processed and not “pure”. You are basically looking for a powder made from vanilla beans and that in its natural form is speckled black. I have only tried a couple brands so far and am really loving the quality of this one.
- If you decide to substitute Pure Vanilla Extract, you most likely will have to add just a small amount of natural sweetener to counter the bitterness in the alcohol base. Start with a teaspoon of Pure Maple Syrup or a drop of good quality liquid Stevia.
- Want some more yummy cherry desserts? How about Gluten Free Cherry Crumble Bars OR Vegan Cherry “Nice” Cream OR Cherry Almond Passover Biscotti
1 minPrep Time
1 minTotal Time
- 2 1/2 ounces full fat canned coconut milk canned
- 3 1/2 ounces filtered water
- 1/8 teaspoon pure vanilla powder vanilla powder
- pinch finely ground sea salt
- 3 ounces frozen organic sweet cherries
- 7 to 8 ice cubes
- Combine all ingredients in the order listed in a blender. Process until smooth and Enjoy!
Weight Watchers Info:
8 Smart Points