Skinny Vegan Cherry Ice Cream that is made from just frozen organic cherries, pure vanilla extract and a pinch of salt. The ultimate Vegan and Sugar Free frozen treat!
My little man is obsessed with frozen sweet cherries. I mean OBSESSED. We have been going through a 3-pound bag pretty much every week. Thank god for Costco. I think they make his teething gums feel good and I am pretty sure he loves the flavor because who doesn’t love sweet cherries right?
Well, his birthday was two days ago and little man turned ONE. We didn’t have a party for him but we wanted to have some kind of special dessert and put a candle in it.
Since he is a complete and utter frozen cherry monster and we are not comfortable giving him anything with added sugar so young, I thought the perfect birthday treat would be Cherry “Ice Cream”.
This is a riff on Banana Whip and it’s sooooo good. I tried it with a little added banana and I like the texture a lot but I think the banana flavor overpowers the subtle sweet cherry flavor so I recommend going with 100% cherries.
Plus, since this uses frozen organic sweet cherries, you can have this treat year-round! Oh, and for those doing Weight Watchers, it’s 0 Smart Points per serving based on 4 servings.
- Make sure you get organic “sweet cherries” NOT “sweetened cherries”, “sour cherries” or “pie cherries”.
0 Smart Points -- Serves 4
5 minPrep Time
5 minTotal Time
- 1 pound frozen organic sweet cherries (unsweetened)
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- pinch finely ground salt
- Place all ingredients in the bowl of a food processor fitted with the chopping blade. Process until smooth, about 3 to 4 minutes. You will have to stop once or twice to scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Transfer to a glass dish (a glass loaf pan would be great!) and use a spatula to spread out in a thick, even layer. Cover with wax paper and place back into freezer to set. Allow to set for at least 30 to 45 minutes.
- Scoop and serve immediately. Enjoy!