Chicken Meatballs with Pesto Butternut Squash Noodles. A quick and easy meal made in under 30 minutes! Made in partnership with New Seasons Market.
The funniest thing is going on in our house right now. Our 2-year old is obsessed with pesto. It’s awesome and crazy. Our older son was always a good eater too but he wasn’t as into spicy and saucy foods as his little brother.
Pesto noodles are always a win here and so are meatballs so I decided to create this simple dish combining the two and everyone loved it.
I’m working with New Seasons Market again this year and one of my favorite products from the meat counter is their already seasoned sausage. The Basil Chicken Sausage is perfect for this dish and saves time! The ingredients are very clean and there is no junk added.
As for the pesto part, I used my dairy free Paleo Pesto. I also tested this with a cheese pesto I got from New Seasons and it was great. So the bottom line is, use what fits in with your eating plan, your time and your budget.
The Mercer Island Store is only about 10 to 15 minutes from downtown Seattle (it’s off the I-90, ¼ mile south of Exit 7A) but if you can’t make it or don’t want to cross the bridge (I get you), they just partnered with Amazon Prime Now to offer home delivery. How convenient is that?!
I placed an order last week to test this recipe one more time before I shared it. Here is just some of what I got. I also ordered some chilled Chardonnay. HEAVEN. You have to be home and be 21 to order booze but I’m saying – this is my new everything. Always order the New Seasons tortilla chips. They are the best tortilla chips out there. No joke.
I hope you try this recipe soon and can’t wait to hear what you think of it!
- Every store is different but many carry already spiralized butternut squash noodles. If you can’t get them, you can make the noodles in advance to save time. I like to store them in a ziploc bag for up to 5 days. This is the spiralizer I have.
- If you can’t get the Basil Chicken Sausage, you can add 1/3 cup pesto to 1 pound of ground chicken.
- For a Low Carb Option, substitute zucchini noodles. Do NOT bake zucchini noodles. Use raw or saute for 1 or 2 minutes before tossing with the pesto.
- If you eat dairy and use a dairy based pesto, this is great with a bit of grated Parmesan on top!
Alyssa Brantley | EverydayMaven
5 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
25 minTotal Time
- 1 1/4 pounds butternut squash noodles
- extra virgin olive oil
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound New Seasons Basil Chicken Sausage (see NOTES for substitution)
- 1/2 pound grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup dairy free pesto (or your favorite store-bought)
- fresh parsley or basil for serving
- Preheat the oven to 425F. Grab two baking sheets and lightly spray with olive oil.
- Toss butternut squash noodles with a pinch of salt, black pepper and a few sprays of olive oil. Spread out on baking sheet and set aside.
- Divide Basil Chicken Sausage into 8 evenly sized meatballs. Roll and place on lightly oiled baking sheet.
- Place both baking sheets in the oven and bake for 20 minutes or until butternut squash noodles are tender and meatballs are cooked through.
- Toss noodles with halved tomatoes and pesto. Serve topped with two meatballs and some fresh parsley or chopped basil and Enjoy!
DISCLOSURE: This post is part of a series of sponsored posts in partnership with New Seasons Market. New Seasons has compensated me for my time to tell you about my personal experience with their stores and to create this recipe. All opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that make EverydayMaven possible.