A long time ago when I was in graduate school, I decided to start a small catering company to offset some of the cost of grad school. It was called Grub Catering and I specialized in providing corporate business lunches to large groups.
One of the most popular items on the menu was this Twisted Tuna Salad. I don’t remember how or when I came up with this recipe or even what inspired me but I know that this Tuna Salad is one of the best, if not the very best, tuna salad I’ve ever eaten.
People would always rave about it and ask for the recipe and it was pretty much on every single order. I haven’t made it in a long time and a couple of weeks ago I got a craving for tuna salad and thought I should make my old Twisted Tuna Salad and share it with you guys.
If you have a food processor, this is super easy and comes together in minutes. Every ingredient, except the tuna and mayo, is finely chopped in the processor, saving a lot of time!
Whether you serve this on a salad, wrapped in lettuce, on sandwich bread or a roll or rolled up in a wrap of some kind – I guarantee you will find yourself making this over and over again.
6 Points Plus Per Serving -- Individual Serving Size is 1/2 Cup -- Serves 7
15 minPrep Time
15 minTotal Time
- 4 5-ounce cans solid white albacore tuna (in water), drained very well
- 1/2 cup finely chopped carrot
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/2 cup finely chopped parsley
- 1/3 cup finely chopped red onion
- 4 scallions, finely chopped
- 1 small clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 cup + 2 Tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 10 to 12 turns freshly ground black pepper
- Drain the canned tuna very well. Dump in to a large mixing bowl and set aside. Use the food processor with the chopping blade to process the following ingredients individually (carrot, celery, parsley, red onion and scallion. Make sure to measure after chopping so you get the correct amount of each ingredient. Add to bowl with tuna along with small clove garlic (crushed), mayonnaise, salt and pepper.
- Use a fork to gently mash any very large chunks of tuna and mix all of the ingredients together.
- Serve cold and Enjoy!