Mediterranean Chicken Bowl with Turmeric Tahini Dressing. A quick and filling low-carb, paleo and gluten free dinner that looks and tastes much fancier than it is!
Two words. Salad Weather.
It’s on and I’m not mad about it. While we do eat salad year-round, the truth is that when we eat hot dinners, the side salad is usually nothing more than a couple of handfuls of mixed baby greens and a simple dressing.
But, when the weather starts to get warm, I start thinking about salads as a meal and that means getting creative.
Last week I shared my Turmeric Tahini Dressing. It takes all of about 3 minutes to make it. There is no chopping, dicing or slicing. You just put a handful of simple ingredients into a mason jar and shake.
This Mediterranean Chicken Bowl is the best friend of that dressing. You can have this flavor-packed meal on the dinner table – dressing making included – in under 20 minutes.
Plus, if you hit up a good olive bar at your grocery store, this salad is actually very inexpensive. Don’t buy full-size jars of olives, peppers and artichoke hearts. Save (a lot!) of money by just picking up what you need.
TIP: For Whole30 and Gluten Free – make sure to read those labels at the olive bar. If you can’t get ingredient info – you may want to purchase full-size jars of the items to be sure of the ingredients.
Alyssa Brantley | EverydayMaven
15 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
25 minTotal Time
- 1 pound chicken thighs, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 1/2 T extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Za'atar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- Mixed salad greens
- 1 cup roasted peppers or peppadew peppers , sliced
- 1 cup marinated artichoke hearts, quartered
- 24 large pitted olives, quartered
- 1 large cucumber, cut into quarters
- 1/2 small red onion, very thinly sliced
- 4 T toasted pine nuts, optional
- 8 T Turmeric Tahini Dressing
- Toss cubed chicken with olive oil, Za'atar, salt and pepper until well coated.
- Heat a cast iron skillet or other frying pan over medium high heat. Once hot, add chicken and cook, stirring occasionally, until cooked through - about 6 to 8 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Make dressing.
- Slice roasted peppers into strips.
- Quarter artichoke hearts.
- Quarter olives.
- Quarter cucumber.
- Very thinly slice onion.
- Divide all ingredients between four serving bowls. Top with dressing and toasted pine nuts, toss, serve and Enjoy!