Making your own seasoning blends and spice mixtures is so easy if you have a well stocked spice cabinet. If you don’t, (like I didn’t when I started) you can do what I did and pick up the ingredients for this in the bulk spice section of your grocery store.
Why buy bulk and make your own when you can more simply buy some industrial product off the shelf? Two reasons actually, and they are big ones.
First, it is so much cheaper per meal if you make your own.
Second, by making your own you can be 100% sure of what is actually in it. Commonly found seasoning packets often have added sugar, preservatives, and sometimes even chemical additives.
This seasoning is great for burritos, tacos, fajitas and all sorts of Mexican bean dishes. Enjoy!
I actually make two versions of this – one that I call “Mild Taco Seasoning” and it is the exact recipe posted.
The second version is my “Spicy Taco Seasoning” and the only difference is that I use 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper.
If you want a “Medium Taco Seasoning, meet in the middle and use 1/4 teaspoon.
0 Points Plus
5 minsPrep Time
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- Mix all ingredients together in a glass bowl until well combined. Store in an airtight container.