London Broil is kind of like my I’m in the mood for steak but don’t feel like spending steak prices choice. It’s a much more affordable cut of beef, is lean and cooks super fast.
A couple of weeks ago my local Whole Foods had a sale on Local, Grass Fed London Broil for less than $6 / pound. Still not super cheap (but what high quality meat is right?) but way less than strip steaks!
Here are some of my other London Broil recipes:
- Horseradish Crusted London Broil
- Turmeric Fried Rice with Beef
- Bloody Mary Steak with Olive Tapenade
- Paleo Pepper Steak
I have a bigger than normal batch of my Homemade Onion Soup Mix seasoning in the pantry from my son’s birthday party a couple of months ago and have been looking for creative ways to use some of it up.
This quick and easy London Broil is perfect for busy weeknights. Pair with a big green salad and some other quick cooking vegetables and you have a beautiful meal on the table in under 30 minutes!
- The recommended cook time is for medium rare temperature. Adjust cook time accordingly for desired doneness as well as meat thickness. If using a thermometer, internal temperature should be at least 145F.
Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating below!
London Broil with Onion Soup Mix
- 1 1/2 pounds London Broil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or Avocado oil
- 1/4 cup Homemade Onion Soup Mix seasoning
Rub meat with oil. Sprinkle onion soup mix all over until well coated. Marinate in a gallon size ziploc or on a plate covered with aluminum foil.
When ready to cook, preheat oven to Broil. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and place a
Broil for 5 to 7 minutes per side (depending on thickness and desired doneness).
Remove and allow meat to rest 3 to 5 minutes. Thinly slice against the grain. Serve and Enjoy!