When we brought home over 9lbs of fresh blueberries a couple of weeks ago, the first thing we did was to freeze a bunch for smoothies and winter baking. Obviously, we all ate a good amount at pretty much every meal and we also made these scones. When there was just one last lonely container left sitting in the fridge, I saw this video pop up in my Facebook feed about a Cherry Clafoutis.
I have been wanting to make a Clafoutis for a while and I thought this was the perfect way to use up the rest of the blueberries. Plus, by using blueberries instead of cherries, I could save some time since the blueberries only need to be washed and dried, whereas cherries need to be washed, pitted and dried.
After reading some recipes and thinking about flavor combinations, I knew that I wanted to bring in subtle almond flavors and try my hand at a grain free version of a Clafoutis.
Now, I know that this is not, by any means, “authentic” as the classic French recipe is made with white flour, white sugar and cow’s milk but let me tell you – this is GOOD, really, really good!!
I used blanched almond flour, a bit of coconut sugar and Pacific Foods Organic Unsweetened Almond Original milk plus a bit of almond extract and a pretty rim of sliced almonds.
This Blueberry Almond Clafoutis comes together quickly and can be assembled ahead of time and tossed in the oven while eating dinner. I think it’s best served warm but we had the leftovers cold for breakfast the next morning and it disappeared in minutes.
Inspired By: Cherry Clafoutis from Home Cooking Adventure
4 Points Plus Per Serving -- Based on 10 Servings
5 minPrep Time
55 minCook Time
1 hrTotal Time
- 10.5 Tart or Quiche pan (26.5 CM)
- 1/2 Tablespoon butter for greasing
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons coconut palm sugar for dusting
- 12 ounces cleaned, fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup blanched almond flour
- 6 Tablespoons coconut palm sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon gluten free baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon finely ground sea salt
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup Pacific Foods Organic Unsweetened Almond Original
- 2 Tablespoons melted butter
- 3/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F. Use 1/2 Tablespoon butter to grease a 10.5" tart pan. Once greased, sprinkle with 1 1/2 Tablespoons of coconut palm sugar.
- Add cleaned (and dried) blueberries to tart pan and set aside.
- In the bowl of a food processor or blender, combine almond flour, coconut palm sugar, baking powder and sea salt. Pulse until all lumps are removed.
- Add eggs, Pacific Foods Organic Unsweetened Almond Original, butter and both vanilla and almond extracts. Process until smooth. Pour over blueberries.
- If using sliced almonds, carefully place them around the perimeter of the Clafoutis.
- Carefully place in oven on center rack and bake, undisturbed, for 55 to 60 minutes, until edges are brown and center looks firm.
- Remove and cool for at least 10 to 15 minutes. Slice, serve and Enjoy!
Disclosure: I am being compensated by Pacific Foods as a Culinary Ambassador. As always, I only partner with companies whose ethics and ingredients align with my values and am proud to partner with Pacific.