Sesame Blistered Shishito Peppers. A Whole30, Low Carb, Vegan appetizer or quick snack that is perfect for date night, game night or book club!
If you are not on the Shishito Pepper train, get in line and grab your ticket. Not only are these peppers ridiculously easy to prepare and pretty darn hard to mess up, but they are T-A-S-T-Y and make a fun appetizer or snack that quickly dissapears!
Last month was my turn to host bookclub and I made a little veggie tray and these blistered Shishito Peppers to have some little snacks on hand.
They were gone before the first bottle of wine was kicked and that is saying something – trust me. We often joke that our “bookclub” is really a “wine drinking club” so you know I’m not kidding.
Another great thing is that these Sesame Blistered Shishito Peppers are made with a handful of simple ingredients and can accomodate Whole30, Low Carb, Vegan, Nut Free, Gluten Free and more – which is not an easy task!
Serve these up at your next book club, wine club ;), ladies night, game night, party or even just as a quick pre-dinner snack for date night. Either way, I know you are going to love them <3
Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating below!
Sesame Blistered Shisito Peppers. A Whole30, Low Carb, Vegan appetizer or quick snack that is perfect for date night, game night or book club!
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 pound Shisito peppers
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds
- Heat 12" cast iron skillet over medium heat until very hot (about 5 to 7 minutes).
- Add both avocado oil and toasted sesame oil, heat for 30 seconds and add whole peppers.
- Cook peppers for 12 to 15 minutes, tossing frequently, until charred on most sides.
- Remove, sprinkle with salt and top with toasted sesame seeds. Serve and Enjoy!