Summer is awesome. amazing. everything. I live for it. Although, in truth, I feel like this summer is pretty much passing me by. No big beach days, pool days or huge adventures happening. We are all about baby naps right now and our little man likes to nap in one place – his crib. Period. End of story.
Being stuck in the house more often than usual has made me very grateful for our little garden. Some of the gifts of the summer garden are abundant right now and lucky for us – basil has been one of them.
I have been making a batch of my Paleo Pesto about once a week for a little while now since we all know pesto is arguably amazing on pretty much everything. Having it pre-made in the fridge makes dishes like this come together in minutes.
Well, that makes the assumption that you have either already prepped your cauliflower rice. Or, that you live near a Trader Joe’s and are one of the lucky few that have stocked their freezer with their new frozen Organic cauliflower rice.
Oh, and buy already peeled flash frozen shrimp (make sure they are certified sustainable!), then this dish really is a 10-minute dinner.
8 Points Plus Per Serving -- Serves 2
10 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
20 minTotal Time
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 lb peeled and deveined medium shrimp
- 12 oz cauliflower rice
- 1/4 cup plus 2 Tablespoons Paleo Pesto
- Heat a large fry pan over medium heat. Once hot add olive oil and then shrimp.
- Cook undisturbed about 2 minutes untill starting to turn pink. Flip, and cook another 2 minutes. Test for doneness. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add tomatoes and continue cooking for 1 minute.
- Add cauliflower rice. Cook until heated through, about 4 to 5 min, stirring occasionally.
- Return shrimp to pan and add pesto and use a spatula or wooden spoon to fold in. While mixing in pesto, use back of spatula or wooden spoon to gently crush tomatoes.
- Divide and serve with 1 T pesto on top of each dish and Enjoy!