Sometimes you just need something sweet (like a lot of the time). Not a bite or taste but an entire dish of something that will satisfy your sweet tooth. Have I got something special for you – so easy and unbelievably good! That is, if you can get past the crazy blackened skin of the baked banana, then you will be in heaven.
Imagine a big, warm dessert oozing with creamy peanut butter and melted chocolate that is ONLY 2 Points Plus.
I eat a banana with peanut butter for a snack almost every day. I had the idea of heating it up; it was so good the next logical thought that crossed my mind was clearly, “How do I add chocolate to this?” You could really put almost anything on these – shaved coconut, raisins, peanut butter chips, greek yogurt. The possibilities are endless but the great news is that you don’t need a lot of anything (just a teaspoon or two) to make this decadent dessert!
My husband loves milk chocolate, while I love dark chocolate. If you look closely in the instructions photos, you will notice one banana with milk chocolate chips and the other banana with dark chocolate chunks. Same Points Plus for a teaspoon of each. Also, we use chunky peanut butter but creamy peanut butter or almond butter would also be wonderful!
- Be sure to bake the banana in the skin (covered in tin foil) but feel free to scoop out the insides into a bowl if the skin freaks you out (like my husband!).
- Also, make sure your bananas are really ripe!
2 Points Plus per Banana Boat
2 minsPrep Time
15 minsCook Time
- 2 ripe Bananas
- 2 teaspoons Organic Peanut Butter
- 2 teaspoons chocolate chips
- pinch Sea Salt
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Slice each banana 3/4 of the way through the center.
- Spread banana apart and spread 1 tsp peanut butter along inside of each banana. Sprinkle 1 tsp of chocolate chips into each banana and finish with a pinch of sea salt.
- Wrap outside with tinfoil and place on a cookie sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Serve while hot and Enjoy!