Red, White and Blue Watermelon Pizza. A healthy take on a fun summer dessert that is gluten free and dairy free! Perfect for Memorial Day and July 4th!
July 4th is next Tuesday and if you need a healthy, easy, fun and quick dessert, look no further. I’ve got you covered. All you need is a ripe (and hopefully really sweet) watermelon, fresh strawberries, blueberries, unsweetened flaked coconut and non-dairy cool whipped topping.
As for non-dairy whipped topping: There are a handful of (better ingredient) cool whips on the market now. It really depends on your grocery store and what they stock. I used a coconut based “Cocowhip”. It does have some sugar and a bunch of gums in it so if those don’t work for you, I suggest making a batch of my homemade coconut whipped cream and using that.
The best part about this dessert, snack or healthy treat is how easy it is to make. My kids helped me (hence the finger prints and whipped topping everywhere) and even with a 2.5 year old and 7 year old in the mix, it still only took us 10 minutes to make a huge tray.
Just be sure to leave enough time to pop them in the freezer to set the whipped topping before cutting so the fruit stays in place. Hope you love them!
Serves 2 slices
10 minPrep Time
10 minTotal Time
- 1 ripe watermelon, rind washed and sliced into 1" thick rounds
- 1 pint blueberries, washed and dried
- 1 pint strawberries, washed, dried, hulled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup unsweetened flaked coconut
- 1 container non-dairy whipped topping OR homemade coconut whipped cream
- Wash watermelon before slicing and cut into 1" thick rounds. Set rounds aside (single layer) on parchment or wax paper lined baking sheets.
- Wash and dry blueberries.
- Wash, dry, remove stems and thinly slice strawberries from top to bottom.
- Spread 2 T of non-dairy whipped topping on each round of watermelon.
- Use sliced strawberries to create a border ring of red. Next, use flaked coconut to create a ring of white. Fill in the middle with the blueberries for blue.
- Repeat untill all rounds are covered.
- Freeze for 30 to 40 minutes or until whipped topping is set. Remove, slice into "pizza slices" and serve immediatley. Enjoy!