This Raw Garlic Dressing is one of the best and easiest salad dressings you’ll ever make – if you love raw garlic.
I wish I could take credit for this recipe but the truth is that this is all my mom. She is seriously the queen of salad dressings. I tried to talk her into starting a salad dressing company years ago but it never happened. I think the general population is missing out on having a full range of her dressings. Just sayin’.
Anyway, this is a dressing she has been making for as long as I can remember and I finally got her to agree to allow me to share the recipe.
In this last trimester of my pregnancy, I have been trying to eat as much raw garlic as possible. For the obvious health benefits and to keep my immune system strong as everyone around me keeps falling sick to colds, the flu and whatever else is going around.
I hope you love it as much as we do and can’t wait to hear your feedback!
- I always use Pecorino Romano. My preferred brand is Locatelli but if I can’t get that, I just get “Pecorino Romano”. It is always just a tad bit more expensive than regular Parmesan but the flavor is so much better, it’s totally worth it!
- Use the best quality extra virgin olive oil you have! It will really impact the final flavor.
- This works well on more robust lettuces (think romaine, butter, bib, radicchio, etc.) I find spring mix to be too fragile.
2 Points Plus Per Serving -- Serving Size is 1 Tablespoons - Recipe Makes 4 Tablespoons or 1/4 Cup Dressing
2 minPrep Time
2 minTotal Time
- 1 Tablespoon grated Pecorino Romano cheese (see NOTES)
- 2 large cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 7 turns freshly ground black pepper
- pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Combine all ingredients except olive oil in a small bowl. Using a small whisk or fork, mix until combined and continue whisking while you slowly pour in olive oil.
- Refrigerate until ready to use. Serve over your favorite salad and Enjoy!