Quick Spinach Egg Drop Soup. A comforting, healthy Vegetarian bowl of soup you can have ready in minutes!
Asian food is my comfort food. I grew up in a pretty urban part of a major city that had a bustling Chinatown and luckily spent many a meal exploring different cuisines and dishes there. Ask anyone who knows me, if you give me the choice to pick a restaurant out, it’s most likely going to be Chinese, Thai, Vietnamese, Mongolian, Korean or Japanese.
And I’ll almost always start the meal with a steaming bowl of soup.
While I’ve shared many, many Asian food recipes on here with you, I realized a couple of weeks ago, chin deep into my 17304398’th bowl of this Spinach Egg Drop soup that I’ve never shared this super easy, 5 minute soup recipe with you. This is healthy comfort food at its finest.
- You can use Reduced Sodium Tamari if you are not sensitive to soy or doing a Whole30.
- If you like spicy food, top with a squirt of Sriracha or sliced jalapeño!
- This is best when served immediately.
Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating below!
Quick Spinach Egg Drop Soup. A comforting, healthy gegetarian bowl of soup you can have ready in minutes!
- 4 cups broth
- 4 Tablespoons Coconut Aminos see NOTES
- 1/2 teaspoon high quality fish sauce I use Red Boat Fish Sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 pinch salt or more depending on salinity of broth
- 2 cups organic baby spinach leaves packed (about 2 ounces)
- 2 large eggs beaten
- 2 medium scallions thinly sliced
- 1 Tablespoon toasted sesame oil
Combine broth, coconut aminos, fish sauce, white pepper, salt and spinach leaves in small pot.
Set over medium heat and stir occasionally, until spinach is wilted and broth is just beginning to bubble.
Use chop sticks or a wooden spoon to continuously stir the broth while you slowly drizzle in the beaten egg.
Immediately remove from heat, add sliced scallions and sesame oil.