Our easy low-carb and gluten-free Chicken Parmesan is ready in under 30 minutes. Kids love this and call it Chicken Pizza – We call it Delicious!
My two-year-old is obsessed with pizza. Literally OBSESSED. It’s all he can talk about. From the time he wakes up in the morning to right before bed, he wants to let us know that he expects to eat pizza – or as he says “Pibba” – for every. single. meal.
It’s been going on for over a week at this point with no sign of letting up. Obviously, I am not going to have my kid eating pizza for every meal like a complete loon so I made “Pizza Chicken“.
aka gluten-free chicken parmesan. Because really isn’t that what chicken parm is? Except that this version is low carb, gluten-free, grain-free, and egg-free!
And, you know what? It’s freaking amazing.
Gluten-Free Chicken Parmesan Ingredients:
- Boneless, Skinless Chicken Cutlets
- Olive Oil Spray
- Almond Meal
- Spices (Salt, Italian Seasoning, Black Pepper, Garlic Powder)
- Marinara Sauce
- Mozzarella Cheese
- Fresh Basil for serving (optional)
This gluten-free chicken parmesan is legit and you need to add it to your meal plan. It’s so simple and most of the work is done in the oven so it’s sort of like a one-pot (or pan) meal and it’s on the table in under 30 minutes.
It might not be Pibba but it passed. One non-Pibba meal down, who knows how many more to go?
- Almond Meal is different than Almond Flour or Blanched Almond Flour. Almond Meal is essentially just ground up almonds with the skins on. It has a heavier and coarser texture than almond flour or blanched almond flour, which is perfect for this dish. Trader Joe’s has a great price on almond meal. If you don’t live near a TJ’s, you can order it online or look in the bulk section of your grocery store.
- Some of my favorite no-sugar jarred sauces are Monte Bene and Rao’s Homemade.
More Gluten-Free Pizza Inspired Recipes:
Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating below!
Our easy low-carb and gluten-free Chicken Parmesan is ready in under 30 minutes. Kids love this and call it Chicken Pizza - We call it Delicious!
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts sliced into four evenly sized cutlets
- olive oil spray
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 tablespoons sugar free marinara sauce see NOTES
- 2 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- fresh basil for serving
Preheat the oven to 425F. Line a baking sheet with tinfoil and spray the tinfoil with olive oil.
Split breasts into 4 cutlets by carefully slicing through the middle of each breast with the knife parallel to the cutting board.
Spray each cutlet (both sides) with olive oil and set aside.
In a shallow bowl or large plate, mix almond meal with salt, Italian seasoning, black pepper and garlic powder.
Dredge each cutlet in the almond meal mixture until well coated on both sides and place on lined baking sheet.
Spray the coated cutlets with olive oil until well coated.
Bake for 15 minutes undisturbed. Flip and bake an additional 5 minutes.
Remove and spread 1 T of marinara sauce on each cutlet. Change oven heat to "Broil".
Top each with 1/2 ounce of shredded mozzarella.
Place in oven on broil and broil for 2 to 3 minutes until cheese is melted and beginning to brown.
Remove, serve topped with fresh chopped basil and Enjoy!
UPDATE NOTES: This recipe for gluten-free chicken parmesan was originally published in April 2017 and was most recently updated in April 2021.