This is so easy it probably shouldn’t even count as a recipe but I wanted to share with you in case you didn’t have already a technique for perfect, crispy, but yet still light, roasted Brussels sprouts.
Brussels Spouts are one of my favorite winter vegetables and though I do things like this to them, my absolute favorite way to eat them is roasted. Roasted and crispy yet not oily! YUM!!
The thing about them is they really don’t need a ton of stuff. I’ve tried it all — herbs, spices, garlic, ginger– you name it. I just keep coming back to this simple recipe. These are definitely a staple in our house! They are so easy and go with so many things—we love them straight out of the oven, when they are the most crispy!
- I divided this recipe into 2 servings at 2 Points Plus. You could serve 3 or 4 as a smaller side dish and the Points Plus would be 1 Point per person.
Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating below!
Crispy Roasted Brussels Sprouts. Paleo.
- 1 pound Brussels Sprouts cleaned, trimmed and halved
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- couple turns of freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes optional
- Olive Oil Spray or nonstick cooking spray, tinfoil and a ziploc bag for shaking.
Preheat oven to 425F. Line a baking sheet with tinfoil and spray with olive oil. Set aside.
Wash brussel sprouts, trim ends and cut into halves.
Toss into a ziplock bag with olive oil, salt and pepper. Shake to coat.
Place cut side down on baking sheet, be sure not to crowd the pan (important for crisp!).
Roast for 30 to 35 minutes until crispy. Serve immediately and Enjoy!