This is so easy it probably shouldn’t even count as a recipe but I wanted to share with you in case you didn’t have already a technique for perfect, crispy, but yet still light, roasted Brussels sprouts.
Brussels Spouts are one of my favorite winter vegetables and though I do things like this to them, my absolute favorite way to eat them is roasted. Roasted and crispy yet not oily! YUM!!
The thing about them is they really don’t need a ton of stuff. I’ve tried it all — herbs, spices, garlic, ginger– you name it. I just keep coming back to this simple recipe. These are definitely a staple in our house! They are so easy and go with so many things—we love them straight out of the oven, when they are the most crispy!
- I divided this recipe into 2 servings at 2 Points Plus. You could serve 3 or 4 as a smaller side dish and the Points Plus would be 1 Point per person.
Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating below!
Crispy Roasted Brussels Sprouts. Paleo.
- 1 pound Brussels Sprouts cleaned, trimmed and halved
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- couple turns of freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes optional
- Olive Oil Spray or nonstick cooking spray, tinfoil and a ziploc bag for shaking.
Preheat oven to 425F. Line a baking sheet with tinfoil and spray with olive oil. Set aside.
Wash brussel sprouts, trim ends and cut into halves.
Toss into a ziplock bag with olive oil, salt and pepper. Shake to coat.
Place cut side down on baking sheet, be sure not to crowd the pan (important for crisp!).
- Roast for 30 to 35 minutes until crispy. Serve immediately and Enjoy!