If you have yet to make Whole Roasted Cauliflower, you are missing out. It is the perfect easy appetizer for a dinner party.
Requiring minimal work from you and about five minutes hands-on cooking time, you can free yourself up to do the thousand other things it takes to host a dinner party and still have a fabulous, delicious and elegant starter for up to six guests.
Bonus: this is fun to eat so if kids are included, they will love just digging in and pulling pieces off.
This is as simple as it gets.
Gently core the cauliflower.
Be careful to leave a partial core – just enough to hold the florets together.
Rub with olive oil and spices. Bake, allow to cool for a few minutes.
Use a spatula to transfer onto a serving plate.
Serve with a handful of forks or just use your hands to pull apart.
Fight over the caramelized brown bits on the bottom.
But mostly, Enjoy!
Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating below!
Whole roasted cauliflower with Indian spices.
- 2.5 pound head cauliflower
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon brown mustard seeds
- 1/8 teaspoon turmeric
- pinch cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 450F. Prepare cauliflower by removing green outer leaves and using a paring knife to gently cut out the core. Be sure to leave enough core intact so that florets stay connected for roasting.
- Line a baking sheet with tinfoil and spray with non-stick cooking spray. Place cauliflower on baking sheet and evenly rub with olive oil.
- Mix spices in a small dish and rub into cauliflower.
- Cook for 1 hour and 15 minutes on center rack, rotating once at 40 minutes.