Quick Spinach Egg Drop Soup. A comforting, healthy Vegetarian bowl of soup you can have ready in minutes!
Asian food is my comfort food. I grew up in a pretty urban part of a major city that had a bustling Chinatown and luckily spent many a meal exploring different cuisines and dishes there. Ask anyone who knows me, if you give me the choice to pick a restaurant out, it’s most likely going to be Chinese, Thai, Vietnamese, Mongolian, Korean or Japanese.
And I’ll almost always start the meal with a steaming bowl of soup.
While I’ve shared many, many Asian food recipes on here with you, I realized a couple of weeks ago, chin deep into my 17304398’th bowl of this Spinach Egg Drop soup that I’ve never shared this super easy, 5 minute soup recipe with you. This is healthy comfort food at its finest.
- You can use Reduced Sodium Tamari if you are not sensitive to soy or doing a Whole30.
- If you like spicy food, top with a squirt of Sriracha or sliced jalapeno!
- This is best when served immediately.
6 Smart Points Per Serving -- Recipe Serves 2
- 4 cups broth
- 4 Tablespoons Coconut Aminos (see NOTES)
- 1/2 teaspoon high quality fish sauce (I like Red Boat)
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- pinch salt (or more depending on salinity of broth)
- 2 cups organic baby spinach leaves, packed (about 2 ounces)
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 2 medium scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 Tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- Combine broth, coconut aminos, fish sauce, white pepper, salt and spinach leaves in small pot.
- Set over medium heat and stir occasionally, until spinach is wilted and broth is just beginning to bubble.
- Use chop sticks or a wooden spoon to continuously stir the broth while you slowly drizzle in the beaten egg.
- Immediately remove from heat, add sliced scallions and sesame oil. Adjust salt if necessary, serve and Enjoy!