First of all, I think the name for this is a bit misleading. It should be called, “Ridiculously easy, 5-ingredient, no-cook, no-bake, one-bowl, rich chocolatey goodness that is secretly healthy”.
But seriously, who in the world is going to search for that or even read the recipe after a title like that?
So, Vegan Chocolate Freezer Fudge it is. This is one of those recipes that I’ve seen a bazillion times on Pinterest and many food blogs. It is easy, so tasty, vegan, refined sugar-free, naturally gluten free, grain free and the perfect thing to have tucked away in your freezer for when you want a bite of chocolate.
I created this version a couple of months ago when we wanted to get more healthy fats into our older son. Needless to say, it is not a battle getting him to eat a piece of this. 😉
- A high-powered blender is best!
- You can use any type of silicone candy mold you want and the number of pieces you get will depend on the shape and size of the mold(s). I do recommend smaller size bites as they are easier to eat and each piece is rich!
- If you don’t want to use a candy mold, just use a spatula to spread into a baking dish. Once set, crack into chunks or cut into cubes.
Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating below!
Vegan Chocolate Freezer Fudge
- 1 cup refined coconut oil melted
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon finely ground sea salt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
Combine all ingredients in the canister of a blender. Blend until smooth and well incorporated.
If you have a candy mold, use a spatula to spread the fudge into the mold. I like to then use a kitchen scraper (the back of a chef's knife will also work!) to scrape off excess.
If you don't have candy molds, you can use a rectangle baking dish and then just break off pieces once it is set.
Place in the freezer for about an hour. Once set, pop the fudge out of the candy mold into a freezer safe storage container and Enjoy as desired!
Number of pieces depends on size of mold.