Use your Slow Cooker to make these easy and delicious Slow Cooker Chocolate Cranberry Clusters with Hawaiian Pink Salt. Perfect for that holiday party or a festive homemade gift!
This is the first time I have made homemade candy using the slow cooker. And, it will most definitely not be my last.
Over the past few weeks, I have read several posts by blogging friends who used this technique. It’s so stupid easy. I can’t believe that all these years that I’ve been making homemade candy, it never occurred to me <<head slap>>.
The slow cooker is so much easier than setting up a double boiler and way better than using the microwave. It’s just dump, wait and then drop. Really. This recipe is that easy.
I had some dried whole cranberries left over from this chicken recipe so I tested out the flavor combo with semi-sweet chocolate and Hawaiian pink salt. It was soooo good, I decided to run to the store and get 4 pounds of cranberries to make a huge batch of this homemade candy for teachers gifts and other family and friends.
You don’t have to make 4 pounds but if you cut the amount, make sure you use a smaller slow cooker so that your chocolate doesn’t burn. I used a 6.5 Quart.
Happy Holidays and have a great weekend!
Alyssa Brantley | EverydayMaven
3 minPrep Time
60 minCook Time
1 hr, 3 Total Time
- 6.5 Quart Slow Cooker
- 4 pounds dried whole cranberries
- 4 pounds semisweet chocolate chips
- coarse Hawaiian pink salt
- parchment paper plus baking sheets
- Dump dried cranberries and chocolate chips into slow cooker. Mix, cover and set to low for 60 minutes.
- Stir once or twice while heating.
- Once time is up, remove lid and stir until chocolate is all melted and cranberries are completely coated.
- Link baking sheets with parchment paper and grab a Tablespoon.
- Spoon clusters onto parchment. Repeat until tray is filled.
- Sprinkle each with some of the Hawaiian salt.
- Repeat until all chocolate and cranberries are used.
- You can leave these out too cool (if your house or kitchen is cool) or place each tray in the fridge for 10 to 15 minutes to set. Enjoy!