Holiday Bark is incredibly easy to make and so delicious! Definitely one of my favorite homemade gifts to give. This year I decided to make a simple and festive holiday bark using what I already had around in my pantry.
Since I make my husband a huge batch of homemade trail mix (read: go to Trader Joe’s and buy organic nuts and dried fruit without sulfites and combine in a massive ziploc bag with chocolate chips or shredded coconut) every couple of weeks I usually have bags of various nuts and dried fruit in the house. The shelled pistachios and organic, lightly sweetened cranberries were screaming to be thrown into the Pound Plus Belgium 70% Dark Chocolate Bar I had stashed for Holiday goodies. Topped off with a sprinkle of a wonderful pink Hawaiian Sea Salt we picked up on our Honeymoon and we quickly had a Holiday Bark winner!
I was able to get three nice sized gift tins of bark out of this recipe (24 pieces) as well as a spare plate for my hubby who absolutely loved it!
- If you don’t live near a Trader Joe’s, I recommend getting your ingredients in the bulk section of the grocery store. Shelled pistachios can be very expensive so just buy what you need (1/2 cup). Same goes for the cranberries!
- Any gourmet coarse Sea Salt will be great. Whole Foods, Penzey’s and William-Sonoma all have a great selection!
- Why no sulfites? Bottom line, I don’t want anything in my fruit except fruit. That just makes sense to me!
- I used a standard size cookie sheet. If you have a side by side freezer, it may not fit so be sure to check first. If needed, use 2 smaller trays.
Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating below!
Salted Dark Chocolate Holiday Bark with Pistachios and Cranberries
- 1 70% Belgium Dark Chocolate Pound Plus Bar from Trader Joe's
- 1/2 cup shelled pistachio nuts
- 1/2 cup organic lightly sweetened dried cranberries roughly chopped
- sprinkle of coarse sea salt I used a Hawaiian Pink
You only need four ingredients plus a cookie sheet and parchment paper.
First step is to line the cookie sheet with a piece of parchment paper and set aside. Now, measure a 1/2 cup of cranberries and coarsely chop.
Cut the chocolate bar into individual squares along the seams.
Place chocolate pieces into a double boiler and stir occasionally until completely melted.
Immediately pour onto parchment covered cookie sheet. And use a spatula to evenly spread.
Evenly sprinkle cranberries and pistachios. Finish with sea salt.
Place in freezer for one hour to set.
Once set, use a knife to score the bark and then gently break along score lines to get squares.