This refreshing and light Rosé Rooibos Summer Sangria combines Rosé with African Autumn Rooibos Tea for a flavor infused sangria everyone will love! Recipe developed in partnership with Harney & Son’s Fine Teas.
Get excited!!! This Sangria is going to rock your world. In all the best ways possible, of course. Dare I say this may be my favorite Sangria recipe I’ve ever made. That is a TALL proclamation because Sangria is my jam and I am known in more than a few circles for some kick-ass Sangria recipes.
This Rosé Rooibos Summer Sangria is easy, there is no added liquor (what?) and it can be served within an hour or so of making it.
I used Harney & Sons African Autumn Rooibos Tea to cut the Rosé. The subtle citrus and cranberry flavor adds a layer of complex flavor but doesn’t overwhelm the Rosé wine.
When I tested this Sangria with added Cointreau, it just weighed it down. Even though I usually add some type of liquor to Sangria and truth be told, it was hard not to but this recipe just doesn’t need it.
Add in some fresh strawberries, oranges and lime and serve with a sprig of spearmint and watch disappear!
- I used my Brew-In-Mug Extra Fine Tea Infuser. Here are more options!
- I highly recommend using organic sugar and not palm sugar or some other type of sweetener. I tried a bunch and not only was flavor was really impacted (negatively) but the color changed to a muddy dark color instead of this beautiful ruby red!
- Definitely try to buy organic fruit since the rinds and flesh will be submerged in the drink.
- Do not leave the fruit in the sangria for more than 6 to 8 hours (tops!). If you want it to sit longer or you have leftovers, strain the fruit and keep it in a separate container for serving or it will become too acidic and change the delicate flavor.
Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating below!
This refreshing and light Rosé Rooibos Summer Sangria combines Rosé with African Autumn Rooibos Tea for a flavor infused sangria everyone will love!
- 1/2 cup organic sugar
- 8 teaspoons Harney & Son's African Autumn Rooibos Tea
- 7 cups water 225F
- 2 750ml bottles Rosé
- 2 medium limes washed and thinly sliced
- 2 medium oranges washed and thinly sliced
- 6 large strawberries sliced from top to bottom
- fresh mint
Add sugar to a large (heat safe) measuring cup or pitcher that can hold at least 8 cups of hot liquid.
Add 8 teaspoons Harney & Son's African Autumn Rooibos Tea to a tea ball or other loose tea holder (see NOTES) and place in measuring cup with sugar.
Fill with 7 cups of 225F hot water. Allow to steep for 5 minutes.
Remove tea, stir to make sure sugar is dissolved and set aside to cool while you cut the fruit.
Wash fruit and thinly slice oranges and limes. Remove greens from strawberries and slice from top to bottom.
Combine steeped tea, both bottles of Rosé, and all sliced fruit in a large pitcher. Cover and place in the fridge to chill for at least 45 min to 1 hour. See NOTES above for storage tips!
Serve over ice with a sprig of mint and Enjoy!
DISCLOSURE: This post is sponsored by Harney & Son’s Fine Teas. Harney & Son’s Fine Teas has compensated me for my time to develop this recipe. Thank you for supporting the brands that make EverydayMaven possible. All opinions are my own.