Instant Pot Andouille Sausage Stew loaded with collard greens, Yukon gold potatoes, tomatoes and sweet onion. A simple and satisfying meal that is ready in less than 30 minutes!
Whoa. I totally underestimated the impact of moving with two little kids. The last couple of weeks have been non-stop and exhausting. Between packing up our old house, moving and then setting up the new house, we have been go-go-go for weeks now.
One of the very first rooms that we set up was the kitchen but the truth is, I just wasn’t feeling very inspired or excited to cook yet. There was just so much to do in every single room and so we were eating pretty simple meals like rotisserie chicken and salad or eggs.
This past week there has been a shift. Most of the house is now set up, and the parts that aren’t seem (somewhat) manageable. We finally got to go out into our new neighborhood and walk around, discovering really cool parks, streams and even a U-Pick blueberry farm within walking distance!
We also got to explore our local Farmer’s Market this past Sunday. It’s nice, a bit on the small side compared to the markets we are used to but still loaded with amazing WA fruits, veggies and other vendors. Plus, it’s about 5 minutes away in the car so no complaints.
I picked up some local collard greens and decided to put my Instant Pot to good use by making a simple stew. This dish has a handful of ingredients and is packed with flavor. It freezes well and tastes better the next day.
If you don’t have an Instant Pot, you could make this in a slow-cooker for 4 hours on High or 8 hours on Low. I do recommend searing off the sausage, onions and tomatoes first so you get a more flavorful final dish.
- I used Pork Andouille Sausage but you could substitute chicken or turkey. Just make sure to add 2 T extra virgin olive oil before sauteing.
- I used a low sodium chicken broth so added 1 teaspoon of salt. You may want to just add a pinch while cooking and season with salt before serving depending on how salty the broth you are using is.
Alyssa Brantley | EverydayMaven
10 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- 1 pound uncooked Pork Andouille Sausage, crumbled
- 1 medium sweet onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/2 pound grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1 1/2 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cut into 1" pieces
- 3/4 pound collard greens, stems removed and thinly sliced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 20 to 25 turns freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 medium lemon, freshly squeezed
- Peel and halve onion and thinly slice.
- Peel potatoes and cut into 1" chunks.
- Clean collard greens, remove ribs and thinly slice.
- Set Instant Pot to Saute. Add crumbled Andouille sausage and saute for 5 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add sliced onions and tomatoes. Mix and continue to saute for an additional 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add potatoes, collard greens and broth along with salt and pepper. Cover and set to Manual, High Pressure for 10 minutes.
- Finish by adding fresh lemon juice. Adjust salt and pepper if necessary. Serve and Enjoy!