This should really be called, “My Parent”s Pork Chops” because this is a dish that my parents like to make together.
My mom invented this herb-heavy marinade ripe with cracked peppercorns and fresh chopped garlic. My Dad is responsible for the grilling and perfected his technique so that each Herb Marinated Pork Chop is perfectly cooked!
I have seen (and smelled!) them making this dish at least a dozen times and up until now, never tasted it. Once I started eating Pork again, I knew that as soon as I could get my hands on some pastured Pork Chops, we were having my Parents Signature Pork Chop recipe.
It didn’t disappoint! I have a feeling this will quickly become a signature Pork Chop recipe for your family as well.
- The cooking instructions are based on 2″ thick Center Cut Pork Loin Chops. If you purchase a different cut or your Chops are thinner, you need to adjust the cooking time.
- I only included Weight Watchers Points Plus for the marinade as the size and weight of Pork Chops varies. Here are Points Plus values (according to eTools) for the cooked Center Cut Loin Meat without bone (make sure to add the marinade!):
- 3 Ounces = 3 Points Plus
- 4 Ounces = 5 Points Plus
- 5 Ounces = 6 Points Plus
- 6 Ounces = 7 Points Plus
- 7 Ounces = 8 Points Plus
- 8 Ounces = 9 Points Plus
P.S. We teamed up with our favorite Organic Superfoods company – Navitas Naturals – and are hosting an awesome giveaway on our BLEND site! Click here to learn more and enter to win!!
Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating below!
Herb Marinated Pork Chops Recipe. Grilled Pork Chops Recipe. Paleo. Primal. Gluten Free. Marinade is 3 Weight Watchers Points Plus Per Serving.
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 10 medium cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 Tablespoon finely chopped sage leaves about 8 leaves
- 3/4 teaspoon finely chopped thyme
- 3/4 teaspoon finely chopped rosemary
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons whole black peppercorns crushed
- 4 Center Cut Pork Loin Chops about 2" thick
Finely chop parsley, sage, rosemary and thyme.
Smash and finely chop garlic. Crush whole black peppercorns with heel of a small saucepan (alternately use a meat pounder, mortar and pestle or pulse a couple times in a spice grinder.)
In a small bowl, combine chopped herbs, garlic and cracked peppercorns with olive oil, salt and crushed red pepper. Place pork chops in a casserole dish in one layer and spoon about 1 teaspoon of the marinade over each Pork Chop.Use your fingers to evenly spread distribute the marinade on the meat.
Flip pork chops over repeat with remaining marinade. Cover and refrigerate for 6 to 8 hours or overnight.
Preheat Grill to between 350F and 400F. Place pork chops on grill, leave lid open and cook for 2 minutes.
Close and cook for 8 minutes. Open lid, turn Chops over and repeat (leave lid up for 2 minutes and then continue cooking with lid closed for 8 minutes.)
To finish, open lid, flip one more time, cook for an additional 1 to 2 minutes or until internal temperature of 145F is reached. Allow to rest for 10 minutes, serve and Enjoy!
*Note that these cooking instructions are for 2" thick Center Cut Pork Loin Chops