You guys are in for a huge treat today! Especially those of you who live for chewy chocolate cookies with a just slightly crispy edge.
The secret ingredient here is avocado. Yep, avocado.
If you haven’t baked with avocado in place of traditional fats before, I encourage you to play around a bit in the kitchen.
After learning a lot about baking with avocado while experimenting with Avocado Muffins and an Avocado Banana Bread (which my 9-month old devoured), I wanted to challenge myself to come up with a quick and easy Avocado Cookie that was Dairy Free, Grain Free, Gluten Free and obviously, tastes incredible.
These are a one bowl cookie so a cinch to throw together. I used my food processor but you could also use a blender.
You basically make a smooth mixture out of the ingredients in the processor (or blender) and then spoon them out on a baking sheet. Top with some high quality Dairy Free chocolate chips and bake.
These are best eaten when completely cooled and stored in an air-tight container. Not ready to bake with avocado? Try these Chocolate Chocolate Chip Sea Salt Cookies from my friend Dominique!
Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating below!
Double Chocolate Avocado Cookies
- 1/2 cup ripe Avocado From Chile 4 ounces
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup tapioca starch 2.5 ounces
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons coconut palm sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon finely ground sea salt
- 1/4 cup melted organic virgin coconut oil not hot, just needs to be in liquid form
- 1/8 cup dairy free
- Preheat oven 400F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine avocado, egg and vanilla extract in the bowl of a food processor or in a high powered blender. Process until smooth.
Add tapioca starch, palm sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, sea salt and melted coconut oil. Process until completely incorporated and batter is smooth. You may need to use a spatula to scrape the bowl a couple of times.
Use a tablespoon to scoop leveled rounds of the batter out onto the baking sheet.
Use your clean fingers or the tip of a spatula (coated in coconut oil) to gently flatten each cookie.
Once flattened, sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- Bake on the center rack for 18 to 20 minutes. Remove and allow to cool on baking sheet for 3 to 5 minutes.
Finally, transfer to a %http://www.everydaymaven.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/IMG_2002-614x400.jpg
- Once cooled, serve and Enjoy!
Recipe Makes Approximately 16 Cookies (depends on the size you make the cookies)