Spring is here!
Well, I think it is anyway. It’s kind of hard to tell here in the Pacific Northwest. At least if you are using sunny, warm days as an indicator of Spring.
While the sky has been mostly gray and cloudy the last couple of weeks, funny things are popping up at farmers markets and the grocery store. Things like asparagus, strawberries, spring onions, fava beans and even fiddlehead ferns. I even thought I saw some real baby carrots but I may have had my winter coat buttoned too tight (insert sarcasm).
The good news is that even if the weather won’t cooperate, the harvest is. Asparagus are everywhere right now and taste amazing! This is a simple technique that is hard to mess up and unbelievably delicious!
Three simple ingredients (I even counted kosher salt as an ingredient), a grill and 5 minutes are all you need for perfect grilled asparagus every time.
- Yes, I am the nutcase who has an asparagus plate. Don’t judge.
- If you don’t have a grill or feel like turning it on, use the broiler in your oven.
0 Points Plus -- Recipe Serves 2 (or more)
5 minPrep Time
5 minCook Time
10 minTotal Time
- 1 pound asparagus, ends trimmed and peeled
- non stick cooking spray
- kosher salt
- Trim 1" off the end of each asparagus spear (or until the hard white part is gone).
- Carefully peel the lower third of each spear, taking care not to use too much pressure as the spears can easily break.
- Spray spears with non stick cooking spray, toss and spray again so that they are evenly coated. Lightly sprinkle with kosher salt.
- Cook on a medium hot grill for 2 to 3 minutes each side. Remove, serve immediately and Enjoy!