Sheet Pan Chicken Dinner with Brussels Sprouts and Sweet Potatoes. An easy and delicious Fall dinner made on one sheet pan in just under an hour!
Many months ago I saw my first sheet pan dinner pin on Pinterest. I wish I could tell you exactly what it was but I think it had chicken sausage and I just remember thinking, “Damn, that looks easy!”
I’ve been experimenting with this concept and this is one of my recent favorites. While this looks easy, you can’t just put anything on a sheet pan and call it dinner because it’s all about choosing items that have similar cooking times and a variety of textures to keep it interesting.
This version screams Fall. I use Japanese sweet potatoes because they have white flesh, are a bit less sweet than orange sweet potatoes and hold up much better. If you want to use yams or garnet sweet potatoes, just keep in mind that they need to be well oiled or they will fall apart as you try to flip them.
When it comes to the chicken, I’ve tried this with both boneless, skinless thighs and breasts (in the picture) and both work great so go with your preference or whatever you have on hand.
The real key is serving this straight from the oven when the Brussels Sprouts are still super crispy. If you let it sit, everything starts to get soggy and it’s just not as good.
Hope you love it!
- If you use chicken thighs or bone-in chicken parts, adjust the cooking time appropriately.
- You can substitute avocado oil for olive oil.
- This is the cutting board set I am using in the photos.
- If you can’t find Japanese sweet potatoes, you can substitute Hannah sweet potatoes for a similar result.
10 minPrep Time
50 minCook Time
1 hrTotal Time
- 1 pound Japanese sweet potatoes, cleaned and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, halved
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 4 even pieces
- 4 T extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh thyme leaves
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 lemon
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Toss cubed sweet potatoes with 1 1/2 T of olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon chopped thyme leaves, pinch of salt, pepper and paprika until well coated. Toss onto sheet pan.
- Toss halved Brussels sprouts with 1 1/2 T of olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon chopped thyme leaves, pinch of salt, pepper and paprika and add to sheet pan.
- Place sheet pan on middle rack and roast for 20 minutes, turning the potatoes and Brussels sprouts 1x.
- While the vegetables are roasting, toss the chicken breast pieces with the remaining 1 T extra virgin olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, freshly ground black pepper, 1 teaspoon paprika and remaining 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped thyme leaves.
- Add to sheet pan and continue roasting for an additional 25 to 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and potatoes and vegetables are nice and crispy but not burnt.
- Remove and serve immediately with a squeeze of fresh lemon juice and Enjoy!